icon

1996 grand am, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
franka 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
I have a autocommand add on rs # 25522 and the installation guide states for the Passlock I system to reverse the ignition wires. see below
Note that for these vehicles with PASSLOCK, the AutoCommand’s Green Ignition 2 wire goes to the vehicle’s White Ignition wire. The AutoCommand’s White Accessory wire goes to the Vehicle’s Orange Ignition wire.
The ignition wires in the 96 wiring diagram show
ign 1 Pink
ign 2 Brown
ign 3 Purple
do they mean the Orange accessory wire?
Plan Ahead
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
Is there anyone familiar with this autocommand 25522?
Plan Ahead
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
Ok no help so far the I will figure out the differences from the manual
and the car wiring but there is another variant about this installation. the r/s add on unit has 2 ign. wires but the car has three the manual says to split ing 2 with 2 relays to create ign 3 but I want to use one relay wired as so.
86 tapped from ign 2 on r/u
85 to ground
30 to ign 3 (car)
87 to +12v
87a no connection.
will this work without to much draw on the ign 2 relay in the r/s?
Plan Ahead
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  

franka wrote:
I have a autocommand add on rs # 25522 and the installation guide states for the Passlock I system to reverse the ignition wires. see below
Note that for these vehicles with PASSLOCK, the AutoCommand’s Green Ignition 2 wire goes to the vehicle’s White Ignition wire. The AutoCommand’s White Accessory wire goes to the Vehicle’s Orange Ignition wire.
The ignition wires in the 96 wiring diagram show
ign 1 Pink
ign 2 Brown
ign 3 Purple
do they mean the Orange accessory wire?

Not sure what exactly you're trying to ask here...the wiring info also lists the orange accessory wire if this is the wiring diagram you mean.  Can you elaborate what you're having trouble/wondering about?

franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
Talking about the alarm statement in the manual, the text on my message after Note is exactly what the manual shows but there is no white or orange ignition wires only orange wire is accessory
Plan Ahead
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2008 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Chris the problem is with the installation manual it has the wrong colors of wires listed when compared to the list on this site. the section of the manual for passlock 1 is stateing to reverse the ignition wires and mentions colors that are incorrect. if you look at the manual for the autocommand model 25522 and go to the passlock l section you will see what I mean
Plan Ahead
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 4:32 AM / IP Logged  

What are the actual wire colors at the ignition switch on the car? Never mind what this site's info says, you need to open up the car and test them to see if they are constant, accessory, ignition, start, etc. and connect them as such. I've never seen a purple ignition wire on a Grand Am of any year or a 3rd ignition of any color - there are maybe 2 GM vehicles I've ever seen a 3rd ignition on.

My info shows the following:

Constant 12v+ = Red, RED / White

Starter = Yellow
Ignition = Pink, White
Accessory = Orange (they don't list brown, though there probably is a brown acc. wire on your car it may not be necessary for R/S).

Again, you need to actually look at the wires going to your ignition switch and meter them.

Also, what do you mean by 'reverse the ignition wires' for Passlock? The diagram they show in your manual doesn't mention anything like that; it shows how to interface with the Passlock wires which aren't exactly in the ignition harness(they go into the top of the key cylinder, not the back).

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the time delay but there was a family emergency.
I finally looked at the wires in the car and you are correct.
the ignition wires match what you typed.
I went ahead an installed the system and the R/S activates correctly to start the engine then the engine dies after a second or 2 I believe this is the Passlock I system as when the engine is runinng for the few seconds the security sys light flashes until the r/s system is shut off The car will still start with the key and run normally.
I have followed the troubleshooting section of the 555l manual but still no luck. I was in fear that this would happen since there is no (-) output for R/S status on the R/S unit. Due to this I installed a relay   connected to the start wire to activate and it sends ground to the 555l blue/black wire while the system is cranking. but this must not be correct timing as the system will not start.
Plan Ahead
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
question, Does the 555l need to be active all the time or just when the car is starting? currently the 555l Violet wire is connected directly to the starter relay on the car so it gets a ground during crank. the blue /black wire has been connected to a relay off the start wire to ground during crank also but when it is connected then the car will not start with the key or the R/S and the security light flashes. when I disconnect the blue/black wire then the car starts with key normally but when R/S it dies and the security light flashes
Plan Ahead
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Here is the way the 555l is wired:
BLACK / YELLOW - to vehicle side of passlock wire (cut and soldered)
Yellow, to key side of passlock wire (cut and soldered)
Black, center wire of passlock wires (tapped only)
Blue / Black, ground while cranking from relay via the start wire.
Violet, ground from starter relay (when cranking)
Pink, ignition 1 wire at remote start unit
Red, +12vdc constant
Plan Ahead
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic