icon

1996 grand am, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Blue/black should be connected to a ground out when running wire or if you don't have one you can use a negative ign wire.
franka 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
I tried that also but no r/s still security light shutdown
Plan Ahead
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
here is the latest saga
I guess I must have another problem it seams when the 555l is active the car will not start I can feel a little click in th eunit which i assume means its active and when i simply ground the blue/black manually the the car will not start even with the key I am beginning to think the unit has not learned the code needed and have tried several methods of learning the code from reading on the 12 volt site but still to no avail. I am getting extremely frustrated with this job and am now wondering if the 555l is possibly failing.
Here's what I did last night.
(1) connected the blue/black wirer to the brown (-) pulse wire as discussed
(2) started the car with the key (ran normally)
(3) removed the yellow and BLACK / YELLOW and tested
for resistance reading from the yellow passlock to the passlock ground.
(4) reconnected the yellow and yellow black and verified the black bulb test wire
(5) started the car with key (ran normally) would sill not start with r/s
(6) with the ignition on attemted to get a resistance reading from the 555l when active, no reading shorted.
(7) disconnected the violet wire from the starter relay and theblue/black from the brown(car would would not start with remote
(8)connected the blue/black to ground while cranking but car now would not start with key or r/s.
(9) reconnected all wires except the blue/black
(car ran with key again) still not on remote start)
(10)let car run with key for 15 minutes then left ignition in the on position for about 20 minutes.
attempted another r/s (no start)
lost on what to do next
Plan Ahead
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
I have decided to go with a method I saw on this site for conneting the 555l.
connect the blue/black to (-) while running. via a relay from the start wire.
connect the violet to acc, site states the acc falls to ground while cranking. hope this works
Plan Ahead
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
to add: the violet will be controlled via a relay from the key sense wire so when the key is in the violet will be open.
Plan Ahead
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
Read my PM. Thanks
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the post. I have just about lost my mind on this one it seems when the 555l is active the car will not start with key or r/s this lead me to believe the 555l did not have the correct code or is defective, I have connected the violet wire and the blue/black in several ways but with no r/s success. I have also tried several methods to (learn the code) based on reading here. long time with ignition on, started and run for several minutes, among others. now ready to punt. any more advise would be great. i have been communicating with chriswallace187 and he has given me some tips but the 555l just seems not to work properly.
Plan Ahead
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
a new idea since all so far have failed.
here is the explanation from the 25522 manual for the wire i want to use
14.YELLOW /GREEN Alarm Control Control Harn
The YELLOW /GREEN wire is specifically designed to control the Ignition Input
of the remote control alarm system which is triggering the AutoCommand. Connect
this YELLOW /GREEN wire directly to the Ignition Input of the alarm. This YELLOW /GREEN wire will go to +12 volts anytime it sees +12 volts on the AutoCommand’s BLUE IGN 1 wire from the key. Thus this output follows the IGN 1 status. The only exception is that when the AutoCommand is powering up the vehicle this wire will not activate. Thus the alarm remains operational during AutoCommand control -- but not otherwise when the key alone is controlling the igntion. This is a 300 mA transistor positive output....
I will use this to fire up a relay to send ground to the blue/black wire of the 555l this should make the 555l active only during r/s
Plan Ahead
franka 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
I just cut the passlock wire a tapped it up now alls fine. I still think the 555l I have is junk. The evidence is that when I got the 555l to activate the car would not start. Perhaps when it warms up I will mess with it some more. Thanks to all, all done for now.
Plan Ahead
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic