icon

viper 160xv lights in a dodge intrepid

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ralphtonka 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2008 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
pk lights pos blk yellow back of fuse panel or dr kick, no reason they're not hooked up. lazy installer or ...
jjasinski7 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
ralphtonka wrote:
pk lights pos blk yellow back of fuse panel or dr kick, no reason they're not hooked up. lazy installer or ...
or what?
jjasinski7 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
aaronrs4 wrote:
As a Best Buy  installer, I'll tell you this... The Parking libeen hooked up at the time of installghts are not an "additional option", they should have been hooked up at the time of the install. Take it back to them and have them finish the job. They don't even need a relay as the 160 has a jumper that can just be moved for Negative Parking lights. all he has to do is put a resistor in line. As far as the LED and the programming switch are concerned, They aren't required to be installed as they are only used for programming. I never used to put them in the car, because I always had at least 3 cars a week come in where stuff wasn't working quite right  because the customers were programming random options on thier own... So I quit installing them... Now, I plug them into the brain, but leave them tied up under the dash in case I need to access them at a later time, but they don't know they're even there, so they can't "play " with them....
Do you think they will charge me to hook up the horn? I'm calling them tomorrow to get it fixed.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
they might charge to do the horn. depends on the shop. some charge every available sku to bring in the $$ while others don't charge and hook it up. if they try to charge, speak with the install senior (then services  manager if senior isn't too helpful) and explain that the parking lights weren't connected so you had to bring it back to get fixed, therefore they should connect the horn at no charge. it's one wire and takes a few minutes since they'll be in the dash already
aaronrs4 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

another-kelly wrote:
they might charge to do the horn. depends on the shop. some charge every available sku to bring in the $$ while others don't charge and hook it up. if they try to charge, speak with the install senior (then services  manager if senior isn't too helpful) and explain that the parking lights weren't connected so you had to bring it back to get fixed, therefore they should connect the horn at no charge. it's one wire and takes a few minutes since they'll be in the dash already

^ What he said.... I wouldn't think that you would need to get the services Mgr involved, but I don't know at that store.... Unfortunately, there are little differences at the different Best Buy install bays as to whether they'll charge or not. Technically, they are supposed to since its not really included in the "free install". I think that its supposed to be like $30- $35 because its an "added output". At my shop, we usually connect it while were in there, then turn it off in the programming mode because most people find it to be annoying, but not as annoying as it is for me to have to get back in there and hook it up later... I just like to hear the horn honk while I'm programming because its easier to count the beeps that it is to count the flashes.If they insist on charging you, witch they may, see if they'll cut you a deal since you had to bring it back in with another issue. Suggest that they ring it up as a "custom labor" so it'll only be like $18.

Install it like everyone will see EVERY part of it.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic