icon

window roll up w/xk01

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GregK 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2008 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
The brown wire isn't even in the harness, I removed it. The XK01 is connected D2D to an Autostart AS6850 2-way alarm/start combo.
GDK Electronics
Home theatre & mobile electronics installations
Winnipeg, MB
GregK 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2008 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
Another update, and this is killing me.
I reset the Autostart AS-6850TW-FM completely and took the truck for a ride before I reprogrammed it. The heated seats never came on for over an hour of driving.
I programmed the RS to recognize the remote, and that's all I did. Took it it for another ride and the heated seats came on within a minute and started cycling again.
I'm thinking the RS unit is the culprit here, but I could be wrong.
So, what should I try first, swapping the RS brain or going to W2W instead of D2D?
I'm inclined to just do both, most of you know what a pain it is to take the dash apart on the Hummer. But if I do that I'll never really know what fixed it, if it does fix it of course.
GDK Electronics
Winnipeg, MB
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2008 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
GregK wrote:
So, what should I try first, swapping the RS brain or going to W2W instead of D2D?
This would be my suggestion. If I remember correctly I read somewhere that the D2D connections can sometimes be unreliable. I believe it was in reference to an Audiovox piece but I would definitely suggest trying the W2W.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
hottwhyrd 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2008 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

has anyone here checked directechs about these xk01s?

they want u to diode isolate the brown (status) wire  (of course only if u have problems)

they want u to hook up the factory disarm wire ( but only if the car doesnt disarm upon unlock)

and if u got flip/flop +/- door locks then u need to isolate those too.   

pretty sweet deal!  the windows part rocks tho!!! i only use it on gm trucks but will this work on most gm cars too?

carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2008 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
customak47 wrote:
I've used it on almost all the trailblazers and full size chevy trucks I do, I use it as an exclusive selling feature, and the only time i have had problems with the windows not going up all the way is when the regulators get tired from wear and tear and there is resistance in the window rolling up from the switch. I have been using it since the part was the MULTI-DL or before. Omega's gm-dl3 did the window roll up as well, but I had problems with those taking a dump after a couple of years.
how did u get itto work with the trailblazer. im doing an 08 and when i looked up the install(Firmware AMDL6.0) maual it says window roll up for type 4 only and the trailblazer is a type 1?
can it still be done and what controls the windows the aux from the remote or when the lock is held??
please let me know and any other info u have on the 08 trailblazer
thank you
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
carguy411,
As stated in the manual, it's the relay that's required for Type 4 vehicles. The others have window rollup too, but simply don't require the relay.
To roll up the windows, the customer would press lock on the aftermarket transmitter, twice. When the XK01 sees two pulses on its green wire, it rolls up the windows.
Note that you need to install a system that allows the user to lock the doors by remote over and over again. If the system allows you to lock the doors only one time, then you'd want to connect some kind of auxilary output to the XK01's green wire as well.
P.S. Haven't personally tried the window rollup feature in a Trailblazer. All of the above statements are from other GM cars, but it should be similar.
GregK 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Window rollup is now gone on the 07 Hummer. :(
The XK01 just wouldn't play nice with the heated seats no matter what so I exhanged it for an idatalink ADS-DL and everything works perfectly now.
GDK Electronics
Winnipeg, MB
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2008 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
carguy411,
As stated in the manual, it's the relay that's required for Type 4 vehicles. The others have window rollup too, but simply don't require the relay.
To roll up the windows, the customer would press lock on the aftermarket transmitter, twice. When the XK01 sees two pulses on its green wire, it rolls up the windows.
Note that you need to install a system that allows the user to lock the doors by remote over and over again. If the system allows you to lock the doors only one time, then you'd want to connect some kind of auxilary output to the XK01's green wire as well.
P.S. Haven't personally tried the window rollup feature in a Trailblazer. All of the above statements are from other GM cars, but it should be similar.
ok thanks i understand now. well i guess when i get it ill see what happensif itwill work
do you know if it matters what level trim of the car or is it all trailblazers etc..
lokel 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
 Just curious if you have your old passlock 2 module hooked up still. With the xk01 AMDL 6 this feature is built in sending signal through data wire. I had to disconnect my old passlock 2 right out because of conflicts.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic