icon

07 aveo lt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ervie 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  

I have the wiring diagram for a 06 aveo but after a little searching i found its not quite the same. I cant locate the lock, unlock wires.

and the disarm wire is supposedly blue in the dr kick but i found about 5 of them. Is there any way to test for it.

2. im using an XK05 and the sheet i printed off gives me a diagram from an 04 aveo. Saying there is a 7 pin connector with 4 wires to tap into, well i could find no such connector. However the was a little black box with a green sticker that says alarm modual but has about a 20 pin connector.

So if anyone has any answeres please give them.

Thanks Erwin

bullpar 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
I am in the same boat I too have an 07 aveo hatchback. I am installing the viper 160xv. For the lock unlock wires it tells me to go to the relay in the passenger kick panel. I have no idea if thats correct.  also wheres the tach wire. I found a white wire at the cluster and with the engine running I get 1vac. Is that it?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

Lock, and unlock, are @ the keyless module BEHIND the fuse box. lock is lt.blue, unlock is white.

If the vehicle did NOT come with keyless, you will need to add an actuator in the drivers door to control the locks.

There is another place for locks. Under the pass. side of the center dash. white plug. Lock is grey/dk.green unlock is YELLOW /GREEN.

The tach can be found at a grey plug that goes thru the firewall on the drivers side. White wire, 4 cylinder reading.

ervie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
so any idea how or where to wire up that xko5 i just cant find the plug my diagram shows
aaronrs4 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ervie- I just did a start in an Aveo the other day, and like you, I looked for the 7 pin connector as well and couldn't find it. Only some of the high end models had a transponder system in them, not all of them. I just "hot wired" the car to test if it needed the module, and when it started fine without it, I realized it didn't have that system. I found the locks, but I dont remember exactly where, I think I went to the factory relays on the passenger side. As for the tach signal, I believe I went to the fuel injectors. 
Install it like everyone will see EVERY part of it.
ervie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2008 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

well its deff worth a shot i guess, i just thought since it had the lock and unlock and trunk in the key it would have it for sure.

thanks for the quick help guys appreciate it

bullpar 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  

I tested the white wire at the tach connector and with the engine running I got 1vac. it changed but not to 6vac. The other couple of white wires didnt do anything

Is the wireing in an 06 hatchback the same as an 07?

bullpar 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
Which module is the door unlock/lock. There are several. My aveo has the keyless entry.
aaronrs4 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
Listen for the relays clickimg while pressing the lock/ unlock buttons and follow the sound. When you think you've found the source of the clicking, put your hand on it and keep pressing the buttons, if you can feel the relays clicking, thats your lock relays. Use a multimeter to test the wires comming from the lock relays and make your connections accordingly.
Install it like everyone will see EVERY part of it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic