icon

2007 bmw 328xi, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiomaninc 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  

Has anybody put a remote starter in a 2007 328xi yet?  I can't find any info on it anywhere, and I'm not sure what bypass to use.  I'll be installing an Omega Mars 11 in one on Friday and primarily use Omega and Idatalink bypasses, but I can usually get whatever I'll need overnight.  Please help!!!

-Jason @AudioMan

roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
  we did an 07 5 series with a smart key a month ago.  we used fortins bmw-int1 module (msrp of $250!!!).  i dunno if it will work on the 3 seres, but i think it might.  however, the first one we received was defective.  the second one worked, but the car shut down during "key takeover" and had to be restarted manually before driving away.   we are waiting for the cust to come back to see if we cant figure out how to make it work correctly.  primarily, we use idatalinks when we can- we have ahd very good luck with almost all of them, and tech support is great.   good luck
(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
fdny136 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2008 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
yes I just did a 2007 328xi auto trans.I used a compustar with a cansl2 and bmw-int1 .both thes modules are from fortin .thinking from memory the basics are compustar power and ground to the car ,ign ties in with the modules,the cansl2 is wired to the remote start and the bmw-int1 uses a ribbon cable to tie in to the push button and a couple of  wires to tie in the brake then has a databus line to the remote start. this was the first so took a little time but the directions were very good and self explanatory.this one as long as customer unloced the vehicle with remote and placed the fob in the slot takeover is no problem.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic