icon

wiring stereo w/only 1 blue control wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crzyc68 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
Is there a way to wire a power antenna and amp control to a stereo that only has one blue control wire coming out of it.  The instructions say "or" when referring to the power antenna and amp control when hooking up.  The model number of the stereo is DEH-P4900IB and it is a Pioneer.  Thanks in advance.
swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
hook em both up to the same blue wire, your antenna is going to be up as long as the deck is turned on, in case you need more current use a relay.
git yer swerve on!
crzyc68 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
That's what I thought and that's how I hooked it up.  I just wasn't sure if there was another way to hook it up to get the antenna to stay down when playing cd's or ipod.  Thanks for the speedy response.
n2audio 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
you could put a manual switch on the wire going to the antenna, but I don't think it would be worth the effort.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

you can do that by braking continuity on the antenna so it doesnt come up when you listen to CDs, take a spsp and wire one from the dech and one to the antenna trigger wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic