icon

05 grand caravan, as2451 with xk532

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ervie 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

ok As2451 with XK532 the ignition wire is pink/white and this vehicle has 2 of them and yes they both have the same reading. So does it matter which one i hook up. After i had everything hooked up i have a couple problems.

1) it would start but not stay running, so i put the key in the ignition and tried again with the same results.

so i tried a take over and that wouldent work either, aswell the locks didnt work either.

so any help would be nice.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds like you don't have the tach programmed correctly since it won't do takeover. 

Can you post a link to the remote start's install manual or at least specify what brand it is? I know the XK532 is a BypassKit piece.

Ignition should be allright - if you're in the ignition harness. IIRC on that van the 2 wires go to a common pin at the ignition switch connector.

Locks could be a number of things - post how you have them connected for more help.

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
ervie 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Autostart 1755 Vurtual tach and the locks go through the bypass.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

For the tach - try switching the voltage jumper on the side of the unit. Chryslers often don't have as big a voltage change when running. 

Also, I couldn't read the install manual(I'm assuming it's got more info than the 4-page QuickStart manual), so I'm not sure if your unit's default setting is tach wire or VirtualTach.

For the locks - your XK532 should have the CHDL6+ firmware on it and not the CHDL7(the default firmware loaded on the XK532).  Is this the case?

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic