icon

2008 outlander smart fob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dmielken 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
Vehicle is a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander with their new Smart Fob Entry and Start system. Looking to see if anyone has successfully added a remote start system in this vehicle. If so, what bypass was used to integrate with the transponder system. I have the DEI 556U available, but not sure if it will work. Also have access to Fortin PATS MITSUBISHI products as well.
Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
I've only done a couple, but they're easy.
You could do a one-button remote start, or even one that works off the factory keyless if you don't mind the reduced range. (The factory keyless will still work when the remote start is running.)
I can't remember the wire colors, but the ignition wires are all straightforward and simple, the brake is right there at the switch, and voltage sensing with a 1.0-second crank time worked perfectly.
At the fusebox, there are two separate, left and right parking light wires. I forget the colors, but they're both in the same horizontal plug.....I want to say a white wire, and one other one, maybe a tan.
As far as a bypass, your 556U will work. Haven't tried the other part.
The car comes with:
Two smart keys, which require a small battery to operate.
Inside each smart key is a regular transponder key, that works just like the key in any other car.
You could take one of those regular keys, and put it in the 556U.
After that, the customer would have one 100% complete key. The other smart key would be missing the metal key.........it makes an excellent spare, but advise the customer not to use it on a regular basis, because if its battery (or the car's battery) should fail, they'd be stranded.
P.S. When car is remote started, the ignition knob can't be turned forward to do takeover. Customer will have to hit brake, kill engine, restart, and drive away.
dmielken 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Perfect. I wasn't too worried about the primary installation, the bypass segment really was the one I needed more info on. Glad for the confirmation on the DEI unit. Customer is really easy going and already knows about the situation. I'm sure he won't have a problem with it.
Thanks again Chris, great post.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic