icon

2003 altima remote start won't start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yasavant 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
Doing an install for a friend on a 2003 altima 2.5.I have everything wired properly. but the car will not start he bought the car used and it came with an ilco transponder key copied of course.  So he had another copy made to put into the bypass. Everything works fine but when I try to start the car will crank and engage the starter but the engine will not start at all.Could the key be the problem?   
ss
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
try putting the key (a key that starts the car)in the ignition switch and try to remote start the car.That will tell you if it's your remote start or a bypasss issue.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  

Nissan Keys need to be programmed by the dealers service dept. Its a good idea to bring ALL the keys he has plus the new one to the dealer for programming. There is another alternative though, you can get a keyless bypass like these:

http://www.ifar.ca/products/all_products/key-override-all/

or

http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=PKN2

or

http://www.idatalink.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=7

flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  

sorry, forgot to mention that all those keyless bypasses do NOT need the dealer, just one working key.

Frank

yasavant 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
I will give it a try this week when my friend is availiable, thanks for the info people.2003 altima remote start won't start -- posted image.
ss
turboneon 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2008 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
Also double check that you have all the ignition wires powered up.
yasavant 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
the dam thing still won't start.  I think the car thinks it is being stolen so it locks everything up.  when i remote start the car,starter engages but it will not start (immobilized) but while the remote start is cranking I turn the key(without transponder) to start it will start.  So I know it is not a bypass issue. because it is getting the signal. And also when I start the car with the transponder key and shut it down, I can use the remote starter to start the car within 3 seconds I shut the car off.  I didn't use any relays or diode isolate anything was I suppose to? 
ss
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2008 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you check all ignition wires to see if they are getting powered properly and that you don't have the accessory wire to an ignition and that you don't have second accessory hooked up instead of ignition.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
yasavant 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
Could it be the 2nd starter wire? I didn't make any connections or relays to it except for trying to jump it from the starter output from RS.  This did work on prior nissans.  Maybe I should hook up a relay to silate the 2nd starter wire.  Where would the connections be made?
ss
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

isolate each starter wire, its done by the company for a reason.

85 - constant 12v

86 - negative output for additional START (-) 250 mA
87 - constant 12v
30 - second starter wire on car.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic