icon

can sl2 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alansund 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2006 Jeep Commander that I have put an Audiovox Prestige APS-57 remote start in.  The jeep will start when I have the key in the ignition and keep running.  With the Can SL-2 hooked up and the key out of the ignition the jeep will start and then die after a couple of seconds. Any help diagnosing this would  be appreciated.

Thanks.

chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2008 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
You need to get a second bypass the vehicle will need a pats-chrysler 4 or something along the lines of that. Your vehicle is equipped with a sentry key that has a chip in it which the vehicle needs to see in order for it to start. You must bypass this in order for remote start
corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
The easiest thing way to fix this is to get a key in box bypass directed makes a good one (556u) u have to sacrafice a key but it is a simple quick fix to your problem.
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
infiniti2007 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2008 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Did you use tach wire for your CAN-SL2. If yes, do not use it. I have exactly same problem, then I use voltage sense for my remote starter, and it works fine.
hhh
saskpuller 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2008 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
The problem has nothing to do with the tach wire. I have had excellent success with the chdl7pk2. Does everything in one kit without losing a key. Get that and problem solved
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 05, 2008 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
The tach output in the CAN-SL-2 doesn't work. Well, it'll work once or twice just to trick you, but that's it.
But anyway, why are you using a CAN-SL-2 on a Chrysler? For doorlocks? There's not much point, sinde you already have the lock buttons on your factory remote anyway.
As the others said, you need to bypass the Sentry Key anti-theft system.
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2008 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  
DUO-CAN2 is the module that is best for that suv. you will need a key in box with the sl2...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic