icon

alarm out to stereo on, open gas door

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dj_lawz 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

how can i wire a relay from one of the alarm's aux channel (-) to the stereo accesory wire???

and i also would like the gas door to be opened with one of the alarm's aux channel (-)... how can i do this?

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

For the radio you'll need a relay triggered off the AUX channel.  The NO contacts of the relay will be used to provide 12vdc constant power on the switched power line of the radio.

For a gas door you would do something very similar, but the actual hookup would depend on the gas door interface.

Kevin Pierson
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of car and what kind of alarm?
You will need one relay for sure for the radio, 85 to -aux of alarm, 86 & 87 to 12 fused 12 volt constant and 30 to accessory lead of your radio.
For the gas door you may need a relay and you may not the neg output on the aux channel may be enough even though it is a very low current output it could still pop the gas door. If not you would wire it like so if it was a negative trigger 85 to aux, 86 to a fused 12 volt 87 to chassis ground and 30 to the gas door. If it a positive trigger 85 to aux, 86 & 87 to fused 12 volt and 30 to the gas door.
dj_lawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
ok that seems pretty simple, and if i don't need a relay for the gas door that's even betteralarm out to stereo on, open gas door -- posted image. but in case i do it still is a pretty easy hookup thanks for the help.......
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  

what car do you own? running a system when the car is off strains the battery alot. well heres how to wire it up, also what is the alarm you have?

before you do anything, purchase a Relay, relay harness and 15 amp fuse !!

1) set your alarm to do a latched output on the aux channel

wiring relay.

85 - aux from alarm (latched)

86 - constant 12v
87 - high current 12v fused at 15 amps
30 - to Acc wire @ radio OR at ignition harness.

dj_lawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
ok i got the gas door working, but the stereo not so much, it turns on but only if i keep the buttons on the remote pressed as soon as i let go the stereo turns off.. how do i set my alarm so i don't have to keep holding the buttons
dj_lawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
oh by the way, its a viper5 5900 alarm and my car is a 2000 lincoln town car.
ibasspro 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

good info every1, but he will have a problem only using a relay, he needs a relay & a diode, otherwise he will be powering the acc. system in the car.

hook up the relay as stated, between were you tapped the swithced wire for the deck & the vehicle, put in a 3 amp diode, with the cathode (side with the little line on it) facing the deck.

this way you will power the deck & nothing else. YAY!

used to be loud, used to be fast...now I am married LOL
dj_lawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2008 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
ibasspro wrote:

good info every1, but he will have a problem only using a relay, he needs a relay & a diode, otherwise he will be powering the acc. system in the car.

hook up the relay as stated, between were you tapped the swithced wire for the deck & the vehicle, put in a 3 amp diode, with the cathode (side with the little line on it) facing the deck.

this way you will power the deck & nothing else. YAY!

HEY THANKS FOR THE INFO, BUT HOW CAN I PROGRAM MY ALARM TO BE LATCHED INSTEAD OF PULSE?

flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  

ibasspro thats a good point about him powering the accessories if he doesn't isolate the accessory wire. I would probably just "Five-wire" the relay. Its easy to do and you don't need anything extra, just the relay. wire like this:

First off cut the accessory wire yo the radio in half.  You'll be left with 2 sides - the car side and the radio side.

86 - Constant +12V Fused

85 - (-) Aux.Channel - set to latched

87 - Accessory wire - car side

87a - Constant +12v Fused

30 - Accessory wire - Radio Side

As for setting your 5900 to a latched output, I'm sorry but I've only installed a few of them.  I do Know that is in the installation manual, because I've changed that myself on a few installs. Just take a look :o)

Frank

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic