2009 Toyota Corolla Alarm/Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmroussel 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  

Hi david205,

I think that the 2009 Corolla models made in U.S. have a different wiring color than the one made in Canada. This is my personal opinion but it would be interesting to see if this is the reason of this difference in colors.

I called another Toyota dealer in my area and they had the same wiring colors as us.

j-marc
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  

Strange they are different! Here's what i got today...

12volt- white and yellow @ switch

Ignition1- white @ switch

Ignition2- gray @ switch

Accessory- black @ switch

Starter- white(terminal with 2 wires in it @switch

Lock-light blue @ 18pin plug DKP

Unlock- Pink @ 18pin plug DKP requires 2 pulses

Lock Motor- green @ 18pin plug DKP

Unlock motor- Orange @ 18pin plug DKP

Unlock defeat- light blue @ top left plug BCM

Trunk- light green @ top left plug BCM

Park light+ - green @ top left plug BCM

Park light- - white @ switch

All door trigger- WHITE/ red @ 6 pin plug below top left plug BCM(the lowest wire in the plug)

Tach- gray @ OBD3 connector

Keysense- blue in column

Horn- light green @ clockspring in column

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jmroussel 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Mike M2,

I did an Autostart on another 09 Corolla today and all the wiring is exactly as I stated in my former post. The door trigger on this car is exactly at the position you mentionned above (@ 6 pin plug top left plug BCM ( the lower wire in the plug))  but the color was light grey .

I also marked the position of the following wires in the ignition plug: IGNITION 1,  Brown pos 6;     IGNITION 2, Green pos. 4;   STARTER , Black (double wires) pos. 8.

As you can see, many wire colors are different.

j-marc
techie51 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2008 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
I have just installed a Astra 4000 in my 09 Corolla LE. I am trying to get the Remote start to work now. I am going to be using the Bypass kit (PKT2) with the alarm. I am unable to find the ECM per the directions from the Bypass kit. Is that what the transponder is that is mentioned on the wiring diagrams above. Where is it located on a 09 corolla. Thanks for any help.
danielboston 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have a wiring diagram  FROM  DEI  for a 2009 toyota corolla im installing a keyless entry and remote start system   thanks in advance DANIEL
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
Door triggers are all separate, negative, in the large plug at top of fusebox. I can't remember the colors offhand, as it was months ago, but it only took a few min with a DMM to find them. They are pretty thin wires (I long lost the sheet that I wrote it all down on. I used the Audiovox information, and it was pretty close)
ECU is in engine compartment.
Wasn't one of my favorite newer cars to do a standard starter alarm in from what I remember.......
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
BobyYoo 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2008 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

HI,

My friend just bought a 09 corolla, he asked me if i can install a remote starter on his car.

I have installed a couple of (DEI, Autostart) remote starter in cars that were 2000 and older. I have never work on a 2000 and newer. I know they have those transponder immobilizer.

Do I need a spare key, and which module i need to buy. Can someone give me more info and explain how i can install it.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic