icon

Viper 500+ Programming Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
onyrd79 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2003 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Viper 500+ alarm I just installed in a 2002 Jeep Wrangler. Everything works fine except when it comes to programming it.
The unit seems to notice when a door is opened. I checked it by arming and opening the doors which set it off and also when the door is opened by pressing button 1, 2, and then 1 again puts it in valet mood just like it's suppose to. When armed and turning the ignition on also sets it's off so I'm assuming the ignition wire is hooked up correctly.
Every time I try to put it in programming mode it goes into valet mode. I've tried everything. It won't go into remote programming mode either.
Can anyone please help...I'm out of ideas!!!
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2003 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
programing any DEI Product
Turn the key to ignition and then off again
Press AND continue to keep the valet button depressed untill the LED blinks the number of times for the menu that you wish to program in
Once you are in the menu that you want to be in, release the valet button, and within 10 seconds PULSE the valet button the number of times that corresponds with the menu option. After pressing it the number of times for the option you want, PRESS AND HOLD the valet button. The LED will blink the number of times for the option that you are on. After confirming that you are on the right option, WHILE STILL HOLDING the valet button down, use your remote to program whatever setting you wish to change.
Release Valet - Turn key to Ignition and then off again.
For example, To program Menu 2, Option Three
TURN KEY ON AND OFF
PRESS AND HOLD VALET (Untill LED it blinks twice)
PRESS VALET 3 TIMES, AND HOLD IT DOWN ON 4th (LED blinks 3 times)
USE REMOTE TO PROGRAM FEATURE
RELEASE VALET
TURN KEY ON AND OFF
onyrd79 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2003 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
I tried that to no avail. Thanks anyway. Any more ideas??!!
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2003 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
It looks like enetering valet mode and programming mode is exactly alike, except when you want to program you just press the valet button the number of times as the feature you want to program, and to enter valet mode you just press it once. That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen, especially since there is a programmable feature that requires 1 press of the button.
Unless of course the difference is having a door open. To enter programming mode it requires a door to be open. It does not require you to have a door open to enter valet mode when using the valet switch, but it does if you want to enter valet mode using a transmitter. Did I already call this stupid?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
onyrd79 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2003 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Figured it out...Inside the brain are two jumpers, one of which turns programming on and off. All I had to do was switch the jumper and everything works now.
AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
that, and i was going to suggest using a bitwriter, as it has a "lockout" feature as well.
Viper Equipped
AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 4:56 AM / IP Logged  
sorry, nevermind, i mis-read...it's a 500+....
Viper Equipped

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic