Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
natethegreat11 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
I've got a Clifford 10.5 Matrix
and a DEI 561T Remote Start Module.
Its great and everything, but when I engage the remote it doesn't register on my LCD remote. This sucks because if I'm out of visual range but still in the LCD to Brain unit range I don't know if I started by car or not...
I've heard the only way to get it to show up on ur remote is through a bit writer. I doubt any car audio places around here or going to have one... Is it complicated to do? How much/where do I get a bit writer.
Thanks,
Nate
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2008 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
You can get a Bitwriter on eBay for about $80...best bet is to check with any local shops that sell DEI product. They will most likely have one in their shop and if you're friendly I don't see why they wouldn't program it for you for a small charge.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
natethegreat11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2008 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Checked out a local shop and they said its impossible to do it.
Because its an Add-on unit there is no way to have the brain unit register the LCD icon.
Is this fact or fiction?
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  

Here is the manual on this site for the Clifford Matrix 10.5. 

Read the description on page 28, about feature 3-5.  If channel 3 is programmed for remote start monitor and wired to the 561T's activation input,  that should do what you want it to. 

I'm not positive what the HHU is (it's not referenced elsewhere in the manual), but I'm assuming that's what they call the 2-way remote.  Read your alarm owner's manual to make sure.

natethegreat11 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
Wow, every shop around here either doesn't have a bit writer or is incompetent and doesn't even know what one is bitwriter w/ 561t and clifford brain -- posted image.. I had one guy tell me I need a bypass module (457G) for it to work, didn't even understand my question!
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
you have to go to shop that sells viper/python etc. you think they still what a bitwitter was.
first you need to find out if the remote can see an "add on unit" im not sure, never been though this one b4. may want to call some shops and ask, call several and see haw many answers you get. a lot of people think or just head it can or cant.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
just read though the manual. do what chris mention you should be good to go. dont need the bitwitter to do that
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2008 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think the remote accepting an add-on unit is going to matter all that much - you can't activate a 561T directly with a remote in any case.  The important thing seems to be that the Clifford piece knows that it's activating a remote start.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic