icon

98 dodge stratus locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wolv2401 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2008 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  

I'm having a really hard time finding the lock/unlock wire in this 98 Stratus.  I know it is said to be a WHITE/ green wire under the fuse panel.  But, I only see 2 WHITE/ green wires around the BCM next to the fuse panel, only neither react the lock/unlock switch on the door.  I have no idea what the deal is.  I have already properly connected the 2 resistors to the lock module and have the 1 lock wire ready to be connected in the vehicle. 

Does anyone have any ideas to help me out.  I have just installed a full system with remote start, alarm, and trunk pop.  I only have to connect this last wire for the locks and then im done.  Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks!

qdaddy 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2008 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
the wire is more towards the firewall WHITE/ light green stripe use a DMM this is a resistance wire so the power will only pulse slightly when hitting the switch unlike other locking systems which have a full 12v pulse
wolv2401 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

is it still on one of the plugs on the BCM?  I know there are 2 plugs on the BCM that face the firewall.  One is like a 20 pin plug and the other is only like a 6 or 10 pin plug.  I believe there is only one WHITE/ green wire, but it is a dk green stripe.

Thanks so much for your help.

brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2008 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 99 Stratus but I have had a RS in it for years.... but If I remember correctly you cant get at it to tap it without unplugging it from the BCM.
wolv2401 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2008 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

I was jus curious if it was on the bottom of the BCM or on the back.  Both harnesses have a WHITE/ green wire, only neither of them respond to the locks anyways.  I was just curious as to what the correct wire was.

Thanks!

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2008 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  

IIRC the lock/unlock wire should be in one of the plugs that face downward on that car.  The BCM/fusebox comprises one giant unit with many plugs at all angles - truly a modern automotive art masterpiece. 

How are you testing for the lock/unlock wire?

C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
wolv2401 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2008 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
I have been using a craftsman multimeter.  I do know tha the lock and unlock read like 2 and 6 volts when hit.  I do remember testing that wire and not getting anything though.  That's why I'm so confused....theres only 1 other WHITE/ green wire on the BCM and that does not react to the lock switch either.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2008 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm...I remember there being several different WHITE/ greens, and for whatever reason I can't say if it's WHITE/ light green or WHITE/ dark green that ended up being the wire.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2008 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
I just checked my daughter's 98 Stratus   it's WHITE/ Lt green  at the BCM.
BigDog
wolv2401 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2008 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

thats good to hear.  thank you for checking her vehicle.  i will check it all over again to be sure.  just in case, would you be able to possibly snap a picture or two of the connection because i really think i scoured over every wire that i could see.  i have a feeling that i am missing it somehow. 

thanks again!!

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic