icon

autopage 900 lcd, 2006 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dstyls 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

do i have to use 2 1 amp diode for each door?

hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
no just one diode per door trigger. or hook up domelight wire and turn error chirp off.
dstyls 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
error chirp off?
hydroz_23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
if you use your domelight wire there is no need to diode isolate your door pin wires(not used at all) but you will get that door open warning when you lock it because the light is still on so the alarm thinks the door is open. most alarms have a feature to disable that warning or program it for delay. the domelight wire is gray/black at the black 3 pin far right at bcm. but you will not have that warning feature anymore if a door is left open unless you have a alarm with a programmable feature. post what kind of alarm you are using
dstyls 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
autopage 900lcd,so what your are saying that i don't need to use any door triggers if i use the dome light wire,but the only trouble that i have is the 2 ft door triggers and not the back,when i armed it everything is ok until 15 sec later the alarm goes off,confused?
hydroz_23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
yes if you use the dome light it will sense all doors, no door triggers needed. you should look in your manual, most alarms have a diagnostics to tell you which zone is being tiggered. i am not familiar with the autopage systems, im sure somebody on here is tho. Did you check your diodes and make sure that they are not backwards? im assuming you have them hooked up to the negative door trigger input on alarm? well you could try the domelight and see if it works the way you want it to? it is a positive domelight.
dstyls 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
so the grey/black wire on the bcm that i have to hook up too for the positive dome lights?
hydroz_23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
yes just hook that up to your positive input on your alarm
dstyls 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2008 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
but now when i hook up the wire to the grey/black wire to the bcm,everything is good but when i remote start the car the alarm goes off?any idea.i think the door light is setting the alarm off when i remote start the  truck,
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic