icon

07 nissan titan vss wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fool 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2008 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  

I'm trying to locate the VSS signal on a 07 Titan Base model with CD Player only.  I have tried a CanBus adapter that plugs into the DataLink.  I do not have a volume control at the steering wheel. I could not locate a control unit that Mitchell refers to as the AV switch.

Im installing a Vehicle Identification Unit that tracks vehicle data such as mileage and  hours  on a City Vehicle.

Any advise?

jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2008 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
WHITE/ red behind the instrument panel
fool 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2008 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

Yes pin 29 at the instrument cluster is suppost to have a wht/red wire for the VSS. The wire is not there, blank space. 

This is a base model Titan. Has no extra goodies such as nav, premier radio, compass.

Would Nissan make different wire harness for different models?

jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  

sorry, i dont know, I am sure you know anything is possible, especially if they made the truck on a friday! Do you know what exactly is being monitored by the vss signal, maybe the tach will work instead. If all else fail you can make a signal using magnets and a coil. I have never done this but I am sure someone on this site has done many.

flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

You can try putting a wire in that empty slot and see if there is a speed pulse output, I know thats how it works on the newer Pathfinder. On the newer pathifiner if you have a certain radio the wire leaves there and goes to the radio, if you have the base radio there is no wire in the harness at the cluster.  So you just add your own.  Try it you got nothing to loose.

fool 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the advise, I added a wire to the back of the cluster Pin 29 and got my signal.  If the Titan has  the premier radio or a compass the wht/red wire would be there.

Thanks again for the quick response.

I

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic