icon

locks keep cycling

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sicness 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a Scytek 2000rs (remote start/keyless) into a 2007 Sport Trac.  Everything was good untill now about 3 months later.  The locks occationally will keep cycling to the lock position and just keep clicking and they won't stop till you pull a fuse in the fuse box.  My question is could this be the remote starter causing this or is it the weather?  We've had a very very cold year.  Any help on this matter would be geart.  This is for one of my dealership customers so it's very important.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
The problem could be from the remote starter or a defect in the vehicle. If you can get the problem to act up repeatedly, disconnect the remote starter's door lock outputs to see if the problem goes away. It could be a sticking switch, corrosion in the wires or a defective module. Start with the remote starter, because you know the dealer will blame it first, whether or not it is the problem. Cold weather shouldn't be a factor, but water intrusion into a the wiring or a connector could cause the problem.
sparky
rhd180 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
is the locks - trigger? if so, its possible that some where along the wire that you connected to the lock wire is grounding out along the path. i would start by checking the wire running from you rs to your door lock wire
oclark 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2008 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

Re : clicking locks

I have similar problems with my 2004 Montana, which presently does not have any wiring modifications. It seems to only happen after I have given the vehicle a good wash and slowly disappears after a long dry-out.    GM's answer is,  moisture is bridging a switch contact somewhere in the doors or elsewhere.

orc
Xlr8 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
oclark wrote:

Re : clicking locks

I have similar problems with my 2004 Montana, which presently does not have any wiring modifications. It seems to only happen after I have given the vehicle a good wash and slowly disappears after a long dry-out.    GM's answer is, moisture is bridging a switch contact somewhere in the doors or elsewhere.

Your sliding door contacts need cleaning, I have seen it a few times in come backs not relating to my install. some vehicles have problems in the latch in the door ie. 01 Durango will constantly unlock the doors, after some diagnosis and research it endded up being the rear hatch latch
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Is it when the vehicle is running? I would check ignition wire connection and the ground point. If the ground is not tight it may cause the unit to surge on and off making the locks go spuratic. If a loose connection at the ignition it will cause the same thing. I had a Kia come back last week that we did an alarm and somehow the factory harness had a loose connection which made the vehicle doors to lock and unlock then the ignition would go off. I had to rewire around the harness.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic