icon

Alternative to Dynamat?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2low4ears 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have 2 Fosgate P3 10's on a 1500 watt RF Punch amp. I have a really bad rattle in my trunk and I was wondering if there was an alternative to Dynamat. It's so expensive and a pain to install. I heard something about carpet insulation?
xx2Low4Earsxx
john ortega 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
this is john iam new whats up .i use this stuff that is used to stop leaks in aluminum buildings i dont know the name but find a local commercial roofing supplies company its about 30 bucks for a say  a 12inchx10ft rolls they also sell different lengths it works great it has a metaltin foil and adheseve backing once you put it on its on...
john ortega
2low4ears 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Cool I'll try that. Do you think they would have it at a normal building supply store? Like Lowe's or something to that affect?
xx2Low4Earsxx
john ortega 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
i dont know .also i have tried the material you lay on a roof before puting new shingles on you need spray adhesive and a heat gun
john ortega
2low4ears 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I'll try that. Thanks man. What kind of system do you have?
xx2Low4Earsxx
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
i believe its called ice/water membrane they put it down under the roofing shingles
home depot usually carries it
if you search the web or ebay im sure u can find other alternative to dynamat also
thunda_hawg 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
you could also go with Second skin's overkill mat. It's cheaper, thicker and  a bit hardier then dynamat and peel n' stick. I think a 160sqft is around\4400-500. worked pretty good on some of the large trucks that I've worked on when we really need to mask over a diesel engine and mudders.
2low4ears 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

Cool Cool. I'll look into it. I just don't want to spend a lot because I don't plan on having this car more than a year more.

xx2Low4Earsxx
john ortega 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
sorry 2low for the late reply i never logged off.i have a 97 4runner the system consists with jbl speakers seperates in each door with some 6's in the kick panels and 4x6 plates in the rearlower cornera-pilars . i have a nitro 7" head unit and 4 amps yes i know nitro they are pretty decent for the price....and for bass i have 2-tang bang 8x12's 1 amp on each sub.those subs rock.where i bought them they have reviews about one guy having a jlaudio 1000 amp hitting over 140 db.on 2 speakers i also have a soundstream tube eq.i have also yamaha 2-way linkwist-riley type crossovers they are from some ns-10's studio monitors i had laying around i play music also i have a /studio/jam room with some good and cheap stuff... i been messing with car audio since "88"both professionaly and as a hobby .i have a side business doing gps fleet tracking on vehicles.but my occupation iam a maritime tech i work on boats ,cargo vessles,rigs ,cruiseships,i install and maintain their vhf radios, radars,gps communication stuff...sorry you just asked me about my system and i gave you my life story..late
john ortega
deadly.db 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

Eh, I would like an alternative or at least an addition to Dynamat, as well. I'm aware this topic is sort of old but I really do need some help here. I'm running 2 MTX Thunder 9500s and I've already had my trunk Dynamatted to hell and back, but I still get rattle. I've tried to double up on the seal with some 3/4" rubber weather seal but it didn't help very much. The only thing I can think of is getting some heavy duty thick rubber sealing (Like what would be on a fridge, only larger) and putting it around the other seal.

Some help would be wonderful, haha.

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic