icon

2000 isuzu trooper, astrostart 120a

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
grad01 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

I am trying to help out a freind who purchased a used Astrostart 120A series remote start.  I do not have an install manual for the unit to help with the diagnostic led or the programming.  I must be missing something on the connections because it wont send the "crank' signal to the vehicle and the remote start flashes 5 times at me.  Being I don't have an install manual or any information on the diagnostics - I am in the dark as to what it is telling me.  Does anyone know where I can get the install information to tell what the # of flashes means?  I am tring to install it on a 200 Izuzu trooper.

Thanks

grad01 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry that is a 2000 Izuzu trooper - missed a 0
grad01 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

the remote is the 2106. 

Thanks

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

If the parklight flashes 5 times, that means the hood is open or the hood pin switch itself is still closed.

For install manual, go to download section on this site. For the user manual, get it from here

grad01 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

Hi thanks for the feedback on the 5 flashes.  I looked at the download section and did not see one for the 120 series.  The 2 that are there start at the 500 and 800 series and up.  The pictures of the remote starts in each is different than the one I have.  Is there one for the 120 and I missed it?

Thanks,

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Oops, u were right there was no 120a series at this site. i mistook 2100 for 120a
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 24, 2008 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
grad01 I sent you an email with the manual
grad01 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2008 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  

thanks recieved the manual - still having trouble with the unit not sending the "start" signal on the blue wire.  The unit sends the 'ignition" orange (dash indicators light up) but then stops and the unit flashes 5 times at me.  (all other functions seem to work - the lights, lock, unlock, etc) I have checked the wire for the hood and no matter what I do with it - the unit  will not start and flashes 5 times at me.  The way I understand the hood switch works is as long as the hood is closed the hood sense wire is floating (high)- when the hood is opened it gorunds that wire and sends that back to the unit.  I tied the wire to +12 just to bypass the hood switch to see if maybe I had a bad switch and it still does the same thing.  I have also just left the hood sswitch not connected to anything and it still says the hood is open.  Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

grad01 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

having trouble with the unit not sending the "start" signal on the blue wire.  The unit sends the 'ignition" orange (dash indicators light up) but then stops and the unit flashes 5 times at me.  (all other functions seem to work - the lights, lock, unlock, etc) I have checked the wire for the hood and no matter what I do with it - the unit  will not start and flashes 5 times at me.  The way I understand the hood switch works is as long as the hood is closed the hood sense wire is floating (high)- when the hood is opened it grounds that wire and sends that back to the unit.  I tied the wire to +12 just to bypass the hood switch to see if maybe I had a bad switch and it still does the same thing. I don't have the magnetic switch like it talks about in the manual - I am using just a generic push type switch.  I have also just left the hood sswitch not connected to anything and it still says the hood is open.  Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 26, 2008 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  

Astros older hood pins are the GAYEST thing ever invented.... P.O.S.

There is however a fix. 2000 isuzu trooper, astrostart 120a -- posted image. Your old hood pin was the magnetic type. Replace it with a standard hood pin.

on the RED / blk hood pin wire that goes thru the firewall, connect a 10,000ohm resistor, and ground it.

Strip the RED / blk in an easily accesable spot, solder your resistor, and tap it to ground.

This is Astro's fix, not mine.....so don't blame me if it doesn't work.2000 isuzu trooper, astrostart 120a -- posted image.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic