icon

upgrading alternator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twobig86 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  

Hey haemphyst I have been trying to call the HO alternator 1-866-446-8878 and I just cant get through.  Im calling from Canada and it is saying that the call cannot be completed as dialed.  Any chance you could quickly dial that number and see if it rings from the states?  I tried emailing them and also posting on their forum.  Its been over 2 weeks and I still havnt heard anything.  I think I saw a local number somewhere on their site but I didnt want to have to call long distance like that.  Just wondering if its something to do with my phone or theirs. 

Anyone have any other suggestions for high output alternators for a 93 honda civic SI - I would settle for a 200 amp alternator BUT I would prefer 250 - 300, if you search my name you will find a post where haemphyst calculated the draw from my audio equipment - it was 210 amps by itself.

If anyone lives in Canada and could also just try that number and see if it rings for you I would greatly appriciate it.

1-866-446-8878

italian_virus 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
twobig86 wrote:

Hey haemphyst I have been trying to call the HO alternator 1-866-446-8878 and I just cant get through. Im calling from Canada and it is saying that the call cannot be completed as dialed. Any chance you could quickly dial that number and see if it rings from the states? I tried emailing them and also posting on their forum. Its been over 2 weeks and I still havnt heard anything. I think I saw a local number somewhere on their site but I didnt want to have to call long distance like that. Just wondering if its something to do with my phone or theirs.

Anyone have any other suggestions for high output alternators for a 93 honda civic SI - I would settle for a 200 amp alternator BUT I would prefer 250 - 300, if you search my name you will find a post where haemphyst calculated the draw from my audio equipment - it was 210 amps by itself.

If anyone lives in Canada and could also just try that number and see if it rings for you I would greatly appriciate it.

1-866-446-8878

I have also tried to contact them, they still have not responded to me either. I hope you already did the Big Three's and upgrade your battery before you do this, as you can see i have already been lectured about it =P.
italian_virus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Btw twobig86
i have also found this site for the deep cycle
Battery
twobig86 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
I already purchased 2 optima red tops and will have the big 3 done when the alternator goes in. system will also no be installed until all that is completed.
Let me know if you get contacted. Did you email or phone them...im beginning to think that unless you phone them you wont get far. though as I said phoning from my house doesnt seem to work.
italian_virus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
twobig86 wrote:
I already purchased 2 optima red tops and will have the big 3 done when the alternator goes in. system will also no be installed until all that is completed.
Let me know if you get contacted. Did you email or phone them...im beginning to think that unless you phone them you wont get far. though as I said phoning from my house doesnt seem to work.
I tried both and got no response, i am from Canada as well so yah we are in the same boat lol.
Now you said you purchased the Optima Red Tops... yours is a 93 Si,
did you get the 25/75 or 34/78 ??
I am curious to know because i have a 95 si and i wanted to purchase a deep cycle and i was not sure on which one to purchase.
twobig86 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

34/78 - I originally purchased the 25/75 however then I realized that in the 93 si both the smaller 25/75 and the bigger 34/78 would not fit in the stock battery location.  So im going to have my batteries in the trunk.  May present a problem with a HO alternator...Ill have to work that out. 

Before you spend the cash id recommend checking out how much space you have under the hood.

italian_virus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2008 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
twobig86 wrote:

34/78 - I originally purchased the 25/75 however then I realized that in the 93 si both the smaller 25/75 and the bigger 34/78 would not fit in the stock battery location. So im going to have my batteries in the trunk. May present a problem with a HO alternator...Ill have to work that out.

Before you spend the cash id recommend checking out how much space you have under the hood.

HMm but when you go to that site i showed you, you type in the make and model of the car, and it brings up the batteries for it... so i am not sure how it would not fit...
twobig86 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2008 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

Can you show me the direct link to the page.  Cause im telling you you cannot fit either of those 2 batteries into the stock battery location on a 93 civic si the optimas are too wide.

im interested anyways in seeing if they say that it will fit.

italian_virus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2008 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
well i just went to a performance shop in Toronto, & they told me they can order and Optima 51 series deep cycle battery, that will fit under my hood no problem.. he says $210 + Tax.. so.. if your located anywhere near there i can give you their # and you can talk to them..
twobig86 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

I live in ottawa but i had both the smaller red optima and the bigger one and they just wont fit in the 93 civic under the hood.  The 95 might be different

let me know if it works out

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic