icon

new to forum, opinions on new stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cb11044 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys I have been reading your forum for about six months now.  Whenever I'm slow at work.  I have learned alot and just wanted to see everyones opinions on the stereo I've been working on.

Front Doors: 2 sets 4" Diamond Audio components and one set of kicker 8" ss series midbasses

Rear Doors: Infinity Kappa 6.5" components

Center Channel:  JVC forget the model number

Deck: JVC dv6200 with optical out

Subs: 6 Infinity Kappa 10's 104.7's

Sub Amp: Hifonics bx1605d

Multimedia Amp: Hifonics zx5.1 Dolby Digital processor

X-Over: boss bx55 (I know, I know boss sucks but it was the only one i could find with the bandpass frequencies I wanted for the mid basses.

Line Driver: Phoenix Gold TLD66

2 Exide orbital batts, 200a excessive amperage alt, and streetwires 1/0 from bat to bat

I know its a lot of stuff, I have been piecing together clearance items for the last few years trying to get everything i wanted.  Finally have it all and about to start the project.  Car is an 01 malibu, but its only got 40 thousand miles on it and its mine.  Will also be doing dynamat for the entire vehicle and re-wrapping all the door panels along with new carpet for the floors.  Been playing with winisd for the box, and looking to put the subs in about a 7 cu ft sealed enclosure.  Just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think.  Thanks for your input!!

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds to me like you are working toward a specifically SPL system. If so, you've got the right path laid out.
For SQ, no way... too much stuff. One set of speakers in the front doors, no others. ("set", meaning the Diamonds and the 8") Maybe two 10's, but SIX?!?! No way.
Forget the center channel, too. I'd also choose different amps for my highs, were it my system. HiFonics? Enh, at best...
Forget the line driver, and seriously consider replacing the Boss piece... You'll get noise (almost) for sure there...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
cb11044 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, i def want it loud.  The hifonics has the optical in for the surround sound.  And I picked up the amps for around 150 a piece.  I want the front end to be able to keep up with the subs is the reason for both sets of components. I know hifonics is not the best, and pretty far from it, but I have had pretty good luck with them.  Also we sell all these brands where I work, and want to be able to show customers what kind of work my team can do with the products we sell.  The center channel is about the only thing I have not purchased already, and the main reason I was purchasing it was because the amp has a center channel.  Would you say just to trash that idea.  Thanks for the reply, I really look up to you guys, and have learned alot from your posts specifically.
cb11044 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
As for the boss piece, that was the only one I could find that had the bandpass crossover for the mids.  Is there another way you would reccomend doing this.  Or is it neccessary at all.  Trying to make it sound decent, not trying to win an sq comp or anything.  But I do like to think I enjoy high quality sound.  In other words, when I cut down the gain on the subs for every day listening I would like everything to blend together nicely.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic