the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

extend power interval to raise windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 02, 2008 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
Howie.... you never cease to amaze me.
Petebob 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2008 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
If I had half your knowledge Howie I'd die a happy man LOL
I'm in Lincoln, checked the on-line stock control and they're out.
I'll give them a ring and see when they are getting some in.
Turns out the remote control unit doesn't use a pulse but a constant 0 or 12. It's one of those kits that supplies the door lock motors. 5 wires to the front two and 2 wires to the rear.
Damn it, next time I should ask a barrage of questions.
Thanks for all your help.
The Original Muppet
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2008 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
Listen this is not the answer that KPierson might give but if you blow up enough things, you will get it right sooner or later! NB Kar Tune for me the internet as you well know ran out of space last December!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  
I too heard about the internet running out of space in December, but then I heard that it got a floppy server (A bank of like 20 floppy drives) for Christmas.  So I think it is set for another year or so.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sure you can get kits with multiple outputs the Cobra unit gives you that, you hold the lock button for close, that's called a switched aux output. Others will give you timed outputs and that's what you want.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 03, 2008 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  
Petebob,
Wow, sure looks like howie knows what he's talking about over there! I just wanted to add one thing.
If you split your aftermarket system's lock output, as howie says......connect it to the lock wire in the car, AND the timer module......the windows will close every time you lock the car, with nothing else to thing about.
If, instead, you want the option to sometimes leave the windows open, and you just want to close them sometimes, you could instead use your system's trunk-release output to trigger the timer module. That way, the windows would only close when you intentionally press the trunk button on your new remote.
Neither way would be wrong, it's just a matter of what you think would work better for you.
howie,
Great post! I've been wanting to find some small projects to gain some skills working with circuit boards and small soldering.
My father, who used to sell home audio (back when they had one speaker, before stereo!) tells me of the Heathkit amplifiers and tuners people could buy and build on their own.......but there's not much around like that anymore.
I found the Mk111 timer for sale online, and I'll keep it in my favorite places list, and see if I can find a use for one in the future.
UK (Maplin) site:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=25224&DOY=26m2
Here's a Canadian site, that also sells in US dollars, and ships to the US:
http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/MK111
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic