the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty Alarm/Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

brown wire from bypass will go to GROUND WHEN RUNNING or STATUS OUTPUT (DEI). this wire switches to ground during remote start.

if you want driver door priority unlock, you will tag the driver door motor. your unit should have 2stage unlock. take the driver unlock connected to a relay that will open driver, then on double press passenger doors.

samrod 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the door lock info worked like a charm.
The Immobilizer still no go. I tried the brown wire suggestion. It made it worse.
When I ground the brown wire it wont event attempt to start.
Before grounding the ground wire. It would start if I had the key near the keylock unit.
If I take the key away I get the Security light in the dash. Its as if the immobilizer unit
is not compatible... Still stumped. I've tried several different tests. I've tried unwiring things like the hood pin switch (just to test the unit is actually working) and it is.
is it possible this unit is not compatible? the paper work says it is. but when I goto DEI's site its not listed.
-=Sam
SamRod
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
what diagram for the PATS connector are you using? for that car it should be diagram (B) pin 1. ignition pin 2. ground pin 3. RX pin 4. TX check those wires and also make sure you have two different keys when programing.
samrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
Im positive Im using the correct diagram
If I had it wired wrong either 1: It wouldnt work at all.
2: the light on the unit would stay solid or flash rapidly.
In my case it does work just not when the key is not near the pats unit.
Also I did rewire the rx/tx wires just in case I was wrong. it resulted in SOLID light.
so I returned to previous wiring.
could I be wrong? Also I tried Resetting many times as well.
If it were mis-wired Would it still work if the key was in the vicinity of the pats unit?
-=Sam
SamRod
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
did u program your bypass correctly?
samrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
here is a new way to ask my question.
If I installed all the above alarm system along with a Ford Bypass unit.
would it remote start if it were wired wrong?
My unit does remote start but only if the key is within proximity of the pats unit.
now I know this means either I have it wired wrong, Programed wrong, faulty component
or and incompatible component. I've tried everything the installation manual says to do
in case of fault. and with no success.
simply put. with the key near everything works fine , take the key away I get a PATS security error form the dash not the add-on unit.
SamRod
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic