icon

code alarm new models any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2008 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
I was looking at the SRT-9000 or the SRT-7600.I know that Code had problems in the past,but i was wondering if they've bounced back from those problems and make a solid unit again?
"ole blake"
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2008 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
the new code units are owned by audiovox. the new OLED units are amazing and they offer very good, no questions asked warrenty.
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2008 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  

I put in a SRT-9000 and I have no problems with it at all.  It has the best range that I have ever experienced with any alam/starter before.  Plus it tells you the temp in your car(such a useless feature but still a gimmick I love)

mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2008 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
I like the SRT-9000,but i don't like the stupid vehicle icon selection they give you.Either a lamborghini or some sort of suv.
"ole blake"
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  
mrcllusb wrote:
I like the SRT-9000,but i don't like the stupid vehicle icon selection they give you.Either a lamborghini or some sort of suv.
I remember reading somewhere(some manual I think) that they are planning to have downloads available for the remotes. NOw i could be crazy but I have a vague memory of this. So you may be able to get more options for the car display in the future.
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
If that's the case then i would go with the 9000 only if that option is available.If not i'll go with the 6700 and be happy.How long does the charge on your remote last?
"ole blake"
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
the batterys are fairly good on these. when i was talkin to a guy i knew that had one he said once its fully charged it can go for 3 months or so.
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
What about sensors.I know code makes an MV2 interior sensor.Would this be best for a vehicle with tinted windows,or would the glass breakage sensor work best?I know with tinted windows,if they try and break the window it will just stick to the tint and i'm not sure if the microphone would pick this up.
"ole blake"
tedmond 
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
get a proximity sensor, if any1 walks close to the car it will give a warning. if they break that field then it will trigger the alarm.
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
I'm looking for just an interior sensor to cover someone trying to get past the glass breakage sensor.that way i won't have to worry about falses.I know the proximity sensors are known to false and hard to get just right.
"ole blake"
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic