icon

viper 5900 diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
matrixlu21 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  

sorry.  i'm such a newbie.  still learning!

i would like to include the following items to the Viper 5900 system: 2 DEI 514N sirens, 2 DEI 513T MINI PIEZO SIREN, 1 508D Field Disturbance (Radar) Sensor, 1 DEI 504D Stinger shock sensor, 1 506T Glass Break Sensor.

A) am I missing any sensors above?

B) would the viper 5900 system be able to accomodate all the additions?

C) would i have to purchase anything extra for the system to be able to accomodate all the additions?

D) would 1 shock sensor and 1 glass sensor be enough to protect the whole vehicle or would I have to purchase multiples of each sensor for it to cover the whole car? (helps with hit-and-runs in parking lots)

E) is a tilt sensor recommended ontop of all the above?  if so, which one should i get: 500T, 507T, 507M?

THANKS!

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  

a) damn you have alot of sensors your not missing any unless you want a proximity sesnsor (it watches ppl that walk to your car it gives warings)

b) the viper will be able to accomodate 1 siren, but using a relay for additional sirens should be no problem. THe piezo sirens go inside the car. also the viper should have 4 zones, you might have to double up on a zone since you have so many sensors.
c) you will need to purchase a relay for the siren and crap load of 1N400X series diodes. they are simply 1 amp diodes used to isolate each sensor.

d) 1 shock sensor is usually sufficiant. they can be adjusted for sensitivity. A glass sensor wont do much unless the glass it broken on impact.

e) if you want a tilt sensor, its good to have if you dont want your car being towed, got some nice rims or your car is worth ALOT then go with what you need,

500T - verticle motion and motion sensor

507T- electronic Tilt/motion sensor 
507M - digital tilt sensor

i guess the 507m is the newest most imprived that DEI has to offer.

matrixlu21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
please elaborate on what you mean by "zones" in item B.  thanks
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  

well on your remote it will accept 4 zones. each zone watches a part on your car. example

Zone 1 - Hood Pin

Zone 2 - Shock Sensor
Zone 3 - Door Trigger
Zone 4 - Optional trigger (usaully trunk or hatch)
since you only have four zones, when u have more than 2 optional sensors you will use the same zone twice (double up). heres a scenario. Some one opened your door so zone 3 was set off, but you have the glassbreak sensor on the same zone, so if some1 was to break the window, it would show on your control as the door opening. hope i didnt confuse you in anyway.

matrixlu21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  

that definitly clears it up.  thanks mate!

one more thing though.  zone 1... does that detect whether the hood is open?  is that what the hood pin means?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
Check the owners manual for what zone 1 is doors are top of my head 4 or 5
matrixlu21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

dang!  if only someone with ya'll's experience was in north carolina.  i'd bring my car over to ya'll in a heart beat!  viper 5900 diagram - Page 2 -- posted image.

thanks for all the help

matrixlu21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

so to add 2 DEI 514N sirens, 2 DEI 513T MINI PIEZO SIREN, 1 508D Field Disturbance (Radar) Sensor, 1 DEI 504D Stinger shock sensor to the viper 5900...

i'll need a bunch of the 1N4004 diodes and what type of relays?  thanks!

tedmond 
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
thought you were heading to an installer. Remember you have alot of upgraded addons for your alarm. A wrong hookup and you fry all the sensors, Damage sirens(rare but can happen) and even fry your cars electricl system. To your question; you will get normal automotive relays 30/40 amps SPDT relays.
matrixlu21 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
yea.  i am going to head to an installer but i've read somewhere that some installers over charge for relays that they get for $4ish, so I want to go prepared with materials just to make sure.  viper 5900 diagram - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic