Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
thanks did it work well?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it did.  I have done a good share of civics and have had that issue come accross one of the civics.  The other civics that I did worked flawlessly with the 556h but this one civic did not.  It remote started but the "key light" kept flashing.  I switched to the Honda SL3 for that vehicle and it worked perfectly too.  Customers are happy.  Personally I would use the Honda SL3.  I always somehow had issues with the 556h for one reason or another.  I always followed a "solid ground" and a "solid ignition, 12v".  Honda SL3 programmed with a Acura TL while the 556h did not.  Mind you.....THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WIRING...ie... different wires you need to tap into at the ignition
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2008 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Honda SL3 by fortin is probably the easiest bypass i have ever used. very simple hookup and very detailed explanation on the wiring with diagrams. I have used the DEI's bypass and i have had some trouble and the wire hookup is trciky for the first time installer. THe Fortin HONDA-SL3 goes for 40 bucks or so.
1caraudioman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
anybody have one and do u you take paypal???
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
where are you from, im sure an installer/member here on the forum is around your area, maybe they can even send u a unit and even wire it in for u too if you got some trouble.
1caraudioman 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2008 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
im in for smith ar install and have been for about 9 years i just dont have a way to get the fortin bypass only dei
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
If you get DEI then get the bypasskit modules.  They are part of DEI and im sure you can get the one specific for your Civic from bypasskits.com.....Just input the car info on the website and it will give you the model.  That model is the same as the Honda SL3 so it should work the same.  When you get the model just order it from DEI since thats what they use now.
tedmond 
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  

You can get the following

Bypasskits - PKH34 OR XK05 flashed with PHK3 Version: 2.00

iDataLink - TBSL HA

Fortin - HONDA-SL3

they all work. the most costly would be idatalink, and bypasskits and fortin are roughly the same price.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic