icon

v 5900 and xk531 programming issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
w87will 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
Im pretty sure I have all my connections made but when I try to use the trasmitter for the 5900 nothing happens, no arm/disarm  or anything.....also I tryed to program my Xk531 following the directions but the led on the unit will not come on like said.  Im really not sure what to do.  Am I supposed to program every function on the transmitter or should it just work when everything is done? I really need this finished today so any help is appretiated. Thank you.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
you cant program the Viper or the Bypass module?
w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Nothing seems to be working at all.....No leds or anything. The only wires I dont have hooked up are the nuetral safety, domelight supervsion and the panic wire on the xk531. I guess I have to get the xk531 programmed before the alarm itself will work. But the led on the xk531 isnt comming on when I follow their directions.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
the neutral safety if on an auto, just ground that wire. The domelight isnt needed, but nice to have. do you have the ignition wire connected/ you need this to program.
w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2008 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info on the neutral safety. I have all the other wires hooked up except the ones mentioned (which should have no effect on the alarm turning on/off). The xk531 when programming the transponder has a list of things to do: one key in turn ON 5 seconds, off. then second key 10 sec. etc, etc. then it says the Led will come on but I get nothing....So I dunno.
w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
lol. This morning I try to go to work and notice my driver side headlight is out along with my windshield wipers not working. I think I screwed something up.
w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
If anyone has any ideas on what I should be checking I would greatly appretiate it.
tedmond 
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
did u test all wires befor connecting anything to them? also check if you missed plugging something in.
w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
No I didnt test  :( I went by a diagram I printed out. I went out there minutes ago and tested my 12v constant wires, and ignition and they were o.k. also noticed my Check engine light and Brake light on the gauges were on.......o boy.
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
first off...nobody bothered to ask u what kinda car this is?????????
there can be only one.......
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic