icon

v 5900 and xk531 programming issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
and never....ever hook up wires for an alarm system w/o testing!!!!!!!!! dats crazy.... u could seriously damage something like that....
there can be only one.......
skee-weezy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
oh yeah... i remember what i was gonna tell u to check next....make sure the system antenna is connected....may not be receiving a signal from your transmitters
w87will 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  

01 Grand Cherokee/ 4.0L

I didnt think it was that serious, especially when the couple of wiring diagrams I printed said the same thing. But I guess it is, and I know that now. hmmm....I dunno what to do, maybe just start taking wires off.

skee-weezy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  

but u neva know...a maniac could've put together the info those diagrams were based on....lol...thats why u wanna test all wires prior to connection... another thing is sometimes even the manufacturer will change some of the vehicles wiring.... there are always lil inconsistencies in anything mass produced...remember that!!!!

w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  

K thanks. As i was looking at everything I noticed I possibly have something incorrect.  My RED / WHITE 12V input from my relay satellite I have hooked up to the 12v constant power input of my 5900 primary harness as well as the 12v constant to the xk531. Then the other two RED wires 12v input for high current outputs are both on my 12v constant at the ignition switch.  Sound right?

skee-weezy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

sounds rite...but u should probably connect all of those directly to 12volts at the ignition individually....  there is probably multilple 12volt wires at the column... namely a thick red wire as well as a pink w/black... on some jeep and chrysler products these can't always supply enough amperage on just one of the wires to power the system correctly so u might have to share the loads between the two!!!!!

w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

hmmm. ok. Because right now I have one of the red wires from the satellite on the red ignition 12v, then the other red wire on the satellite on the Pink/black wire at the ignition switch.  The RED / white wire on the satellite is just hooked up the the primary harness on the 5900 and the xk531....So the RED / white does put out the 12v to those sources correct?

Thanks for the quick replys also, I appretiate it. I really need to get this thing figured out today.

skee-weezy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
if thats the wire i think it is...it powers the primary alarm functions of your die system... it needs to be connected directly to a 12-volt source.. not jumped in with other wires......connect that one directly to the ignition harness at the pink/black or the thick red.... if all your other connections are sound it will probably start to work then!!!! and your welcome!!!!
skee-weezy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
wait a minute.... if that is a thin RED / white coming off the primary harness goin to the alarm brain it's probably the trunk pop output....lol...... there should be a thin red wire comin off the brain for the 12 volt constant to actually powers the alarm brain itself...... check those connections......
skee-weezy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
if its thick RED / white wire coming off the satellite relay harness..it should be connected a 12-volt source as well....make sure the ribbon cable from the brain to the satellite harness is connected firmly between to two as well!!!!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic