icon

v 5900 and xk531 programming issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
w87will 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I had the Nuetral safety grounded with  my other grounds. Today I tryed taking off the wires that seemed to cause my problems with the actuall jeep but with no luck. Still my Passanger Headlight is out, Speedometer doesnt work, Windsheild wipers dont work, Hood lamp doesnt work, also on the gauges the check engine, Brake, and ABS lights are on....... I dont know how to check relays but Im not sure if they would cause all these problems.  Im going to see if a PRO feels like getting involved and checking things out for me. I really dont know what to do
w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

Where would I find a diagram on all the relays in my Jeep and what they go to? It tells me what the fuses go to....but nothing about the relays above them.  Also how to test if its bad or not.  thanks.

skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
now u have the rite idea... take it to a mechanic first... preferably one that specializes in electrical.... next stop should be to the local car audio shop.... best buy or circuit city should be able to handle installing your unit for u.... and the best part about it.... U DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ANYMORE WHEN IT'S NOT WORKING PROPERLY!!!!!   just take it back.....  another thing... completely remove the system from your jeep.... reconnect any wires that u cut..... disconnnect the battery... check all fuses.. replace any blown ones... then reconnect the battery... hopefully your body computer will reset and CLEAR ALL THE CODES!!!!!!!!!!! if not.. replace any blown sensors or bad components and take it to the pros..........
there can be only one.......
w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  

Thats what Im going to do. I have the alarm out and My jeep still has the problems. Ive checked all the fuses, they are good. But I need to find out what the relays go to and how to check if they are bad. If anyone has info on the 2001 grand Cherokee relays I'd appretiate it. If its not a problem with the relays Im going to have someone look at it then Ill get them to install the alarm also.

skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  

relays should be rite under the hood inside the box labeled 'fuse distrbution'... there may be more inside the car somewhere... but dude.. give up.. u have cost yourself enough... get it to a mechanic... at least pay him to diagnose it for u.. after that do whateva u want..... but u wont have to keep guessing at whats wrong.....

there can be only one.......
w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
you have a point. i know a guy at goodyear. maybe he will help me out. im tired of dealing with it. I just hate giving up on things I start, but I guess I will have to on this one. I appretiate all the help you guys have given. This is a great site.
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic