icon

v 5900 and xk531 programming issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
was it with the key.. or with the remote start???? cause if it was the key u probably have a grommet in the firewall  that isn't all way in and it's letting more noise into the car... and of course there is the possibililty that one of your sensors may have gone haywire from your jeeps 'recent' experience.... if this sound happens with the remote start u probably don't have all the correct ignitions and acc wires connected.. and if so.. immediately shut the remote start down as to avoid damaging your car!!!!!!
there can be only one.......
w87will 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

Actually the engine sounds ok now. But Everything seems to be working alright except my remote start. It will start it up then immediately shut down saying there is no key. I tryed following the directions for programing the xk531 transponder but when I use the jumper wire to start the engine it will not start.....it just turns the car in the Acc mode.  If I can get that working I should be good. 

I still dont have my one headlight or my windshield wipers but ill figure that out later :)

skee-weezy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
those xk531 modules are junk..... find out where u can get a dei 556uw... or a code alarm uti at.... then either use one of your own keys inside that module... or grab a howard key for your jeep from your local locksmith.... then u can use the bypass and the two keys u have already to program that blank uncut key that will stay in the module...depending on where u live.... it may cost u maybe between 50 and 80 bucks for both the key and interface!!!!
w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
Great. I really dont have the time to buy another module and cut this one out and put another one in.  Im just having a problem "jumping" the jeep. I put one end of some 10gauge wire on the battery then I touch the other end on my ignition wire and no start, just into acc mode.  Any ideas?
skee-weezy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
i think u may have misunderstood the instructions my friend.....  when u are entering into the programming mode and it tells u to jump power to the ignition....NOT TO START THE CAR!!!!!.....  if u start the car up while the key is programming without the ENTIRE IGNITION SYSTEM powered up it's not gonna work.... all the want u to do it to jump power to the ignition long enough for the key to program.... after u get it to do so.... pull out your jumper...... and then start the car w/ the remote start.......if it gives u confirmation on successful programmin.... otherwise... start over again.....
skee-weezy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
hey....this is my last and final advice........ if u are not a installer for a living...... take it somewhere and PAY THEM to install it!!!!!!   then if it breaks u can take it back to them and terrorize them...lol... if u ARE an installer..... CALL TECHNICAL SUPPORT ASAP!!!!! this is what they get paid to do...... i think i have helped u as much as anyone could without actually being there.... hope u get it all straightened out.... 1 hunid
w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
Obvioiusly Im not an installer. I thank you for your help though. Helped alot. Ill just continue to move things around and if I cant get it to work I guess Ill bring it somewhere for someone to look at.
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
I would advise not to "just move things around" until I get it to work mentality. You may cause more damage then you already have. I would say if you know you are not an installer, don't keep trying, get advice from a local shop. Usually if you ask around an installer will feel bad for you and give you some advice and even a diagram on what to do. It is kinda difficult explaining in chat on how to do something. I have about 10 to 15 years of hands on experience which can never be learned by reading how to install something. I will advise you get familiar with terminology used in installing, that will help you to understand diagrams and wiring instructions.
When you jump the ignition it is only powering up ignition system and will not start, and it shouldn't or there is a problem.
This is a post I made earlier how to program xk531 to a 2000 jeep grand cherokee
The viper should have a blue wire in a 4 pin connector on the relay pack. That will be the ground while running to brown wire on xk531. The purple wire is data which sounds like you have hooked into your odbII pin #2. The transponder will need to be programmed to the vehicle with 2 valid keys.
I have made a special relay box to power up ignition and fire the ground while running input to make programming easier for me on cars such as dodge, chrysler or when installing Audiovox remote starters.
To enter program mode you insert first valid key and turn to run or ignition position. Wait for the anti-theft light to go out and take that key out and insert second key. Do this within 5 seconds and turn to ignition or the run position and wait for light to go off. Leave ignition on and wait to hear a chime and then it will be in programming mode. Take the second key out of key cylinder. Then fire ignition within 5 seconds while holding the xk531 in front of the key cylinder and wait for the anti-theft symbol to stop flashing and go off (this can take up to 20 seconds or so). Shut ignition off and it should be programmed to the vehicle. Run the wires from module to around key cylinder and fasten in place with a cable tie or some good electrical tape (3m 33+). Hook up ground while running or also referred to as status output by DEI and then with all other connections make test for start. Make sure proper engine detection is being used such as tach or tachless. It should start up after this is done.
Factory disarm is not needed with xk531, the module will interface and arm on lock and disarm on unlock.
I also would advise not mess with program options. I did one the other day at a dealership 30 minutes away trying to get the driver door priority to work and it went into a lock out mode. In other words, it froze up on me. I had to drive back to my shop and have it reflashed to reset it and drive back out to the dealership to finish the install hoping it was going to work. It did thank god or I would have had to wrap and bury a key for that part of the install and change out the module to a xk03 flashed to the JDL format.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
w87will 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah I guess I worded it wrong. I would never just move wires around and see if they work, lol.  Thanks alot for the tips and instructions. Very helpful.  Im thinking my problem is within my last couple of wires I wired up, which were the tach, neutral safety and the ground while running. After I wired those up thats when I started having problems with the jeep. I might try to disconnect those and see if it starts to behave as normal. Then do more reseach and find the correct wires for them

techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
the neutral safety wire is mandatory connection for remote starter to function. This wire goes to a solid ground along with main unit ground unless you want a shut off switch.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic