icon

08 camry remote starter?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
camy2008 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a remote car starter ultra 1280 with key bypass,I am having problems on the ignition.On all the sites the wires are Blk= constance power,Yellow=acc and blue+starter is there some other trick  still will not start and no ac and power windows  pls. help

red camry se
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  

You need to connect to both ign. and BOTH starters (and of course the accs.)

12 VOLTS Black Ignition switch harness   + 
 IGNITION Yellow Ignition switch harness   + 
 IGNITION 2 Pink Ignition switch harness   + 
 ACCESSORY White Ignition switch harness   + 
 STARTER Blue Ignition switch harness   + 
 STARTER 2 Gray Ignition switch harness   + 

camy2008 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply,So in my owners manual the wires I have are Yellow =starter,green=acc,and two red for constance power and blue for ignition and white for selectable output (2nd ignition,acc,or start output) what wires would go where and would I need to put a relay for any  thanks

red camry se
tonyberg 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
yes you will need  to add a relay for 2nd starter.   the yellow wire from your unit would go to the blue wire in the camry.   the green from your unit to the white in the camry, blue from your unit to yellow in the camry and white from your unit to pink.   both your 12 volt wires can be connected to the black wire.   how are you bypassing the toyota immobiliser key
camy2008 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2008 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
So then the left over GRAY, that is were I would use relay with with the blue as far as the immobiliser I have the box that hides the key and wires go up to to key cylinder.The box needs constance power and neg goes to the remote start (neg out when running)
red camry se
camy2008 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed a remote starter ultra 1280 and car starts fine, doors unlock and lock work like it should BUT I am trying to remote the trunk I have the black wire  at the drivers kick but it wants voltage and the remote starter sends out (neg) for trunk  can anyone help?????  thanks
red camry se
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
okay..... if this is a positive trigger... u are gonna need a relay.... 85 to your negative out on the system..... 86 and 87 to 12 volts.. and 30 to your positive trunk release wire....... don't forget to fuse your relay... a 10 amp should do it... and always make sure your connections are solid......
there can be only one.......
camy2008 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply  This what I tried  when I used the original key fob  and  I have a volt meter on the black wire the meter goes 3volts and then jumps 6 to 7 volts then 0 so then I grabed power off a circut (fused) and touched the black wire but the trunk didnt open I can hear it clicking at trunk  after a couple of more time my fuse poped I am lost
red camry se
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
hmmmm... sounds like some sort of resistence is involved.. but wait a minute it might be reverse polarity.... u will not be able to trigger the trunk in that fashion... what u gotta do is this..... 86 on the relay goes to your negative out from the system... next up is 87 and 85 to 12 volts.. then u need to cut the trunk release wire.. and wire up 87a to the switch side of the wire and 30 to the trunk pop motor side.....
there can be only one.......
camy2008 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Isnt that way still going to send 12 volts to the trunk? What does wiring it that way exactly do?
red camry se
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic