Best SPL Subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GUSHANAS@aol.co 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2003 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

I currently have 3 JL Audio 10w6v1's wired at 1 OHM at 1,200 watts.  I am looking into some good SPL subs that can beat my 3 10" w6's.  I have looked into 2 of the Solo-Baric L7's but I have NEVER heard them and donno if they are any louder. I want to run them at 1 ohm and 1,200 watts. PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!

customsound 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2003 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

Try 2 12" W7's platinum JL's, they hit harder than last years, and they have dynamic sound capability. I've hit 173 decibles in a 89 voyager with two 12's, they are not to be f'ed with......  Suggested retail $999.99 per sub...

If not, try the AudioBahn Flame Q's. 12" egg- shell them, decent sound, plus they have a lower frequency response than most.....  Hope this helps some, GOOD LUCK!!

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2003 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
definitely w7s if you can afford them
GUSHANAS@aol.co 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2003 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
I really can't afford them right now. lol..... I knew that that would be what everyone would be saying but are there any others?
customsound 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
If not, try the AudioBahn Flame Q's. 12" egg- shell them, decent sound, plus they have a lower frequency response than most..
GUSHANAS@aol.co 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  

I've heard that the flame Q's aren't really for the SPL they are for the looks.  Is this true?  What about 2 of the 12" Solo-Baric L7's? and if you say the Audiobahn, then will 3 of the flame Q's beat my 3 10w6's?? I'm not going for SQ i'm going for SPL.

Thanks

sickstyles 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
if your looking for a hard hitting sub try soundstreams tarantula series. hit low and hard
customsound 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Rockford fosgate HX 2 12", or if u like 10" subs go with the power elite series from fosgate, either will give u extremely high spl's. even the higher end JL Audio will do for high spl's.....
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
hrmmm...
dont see anyone actually posting SPL subs here...how about Cerwin Vega Strokers? Digital Designs 95 series, or even better 97 series? Beyond Audio Inhumans? Resonant Engineering XXXs?
have you guys not heard of these at all? w7s get loud, I agree, but they arent SPL subs...they were designed as a really loud SQ sub...and that is what they are...just like the Brahmas by adire...the Rocckfords are the closest thing posted to an actual SPL sub...and I dont think they will get as loud as the other subs that I have just posted...
anyways, if you want real SPL subs Gushana, take a look into those subs which I posted...I hit 158 db with a single stroker 18 in a box that was half the size that it should have been...DDs and Strokers have taken world titles, and the rest are on their way to doing the same...
asdf1234 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
see the cerwin stroker is only good if you get the 18" and he doesnth ave room for a 18". I believe the best thing posted so far is the Rockford fosgate HX 2. They are pretty good. I can be hard to get good spl in a small space. and if he did have room for a 18" he should go for a the Solo baric X   it is biuldt for SPL
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic