clifford matrix 50.5, 2005 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
climbmnts 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2008 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

Hi everyone,

I am new here and this is my first post. I did spend some time searching the forum but need more help.

I have Matrix 50.5 alarm remote/start that was installed on my 2005 Loaded Silverado LT 4x4

This alarm has been giving me trouble since the install and I have had no luck finding someone to fix it. The original installer did a half terrible job and refuses to fix it. I design and sell motorcycle accessories for the company I own, so I have decided to fix this install myself.

That said, I am no electronics person so I am in need of advice and hoping you'll forgive any breach of protocol here. Generally I would spend more time on a forum before posting but  I need to get this fixed. I have wired a lot of things in my life so I feel with proper guidance this is well within my grasp.

I do have the install manual and can post it if needed (if that does not break any rules?) . I have also gone to the wiring section for this https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~62858 .  I have a few issues to resolve so I thought I would go one by one in this thread.

My first problem is the fact that my whole accessory system powers up with the remote start. This includes the wipers so if I forget them and they are frozen or dry, this will cause damage. Can this be fixed? If so what do you recommend.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

climbmnts 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2008 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

I have gone under the dash to do some inspecting and take pictures of the current set up. I will post more as info as I go.

For now it appears this is the bypass unit:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WAT8ZG  First Tech ADS-TBSL-PL iDatalink Data Immobilizer Override for GM Theft Deterrent Systems

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 22, 2008 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

To disable your wipers you will need a relay. Find a yellow on the dist. block under the dash. It's part of the main harness in a lower right hand corner. Below it is a small black, and a large red.

Cut this wire and take 1/2 to pin 87a, and the other to 30. 12 volts to 86, and ground while running to 85. Nothing to 87. This will "open" the circuit, and the wipers will not run.

climbmnts 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2008 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks very much for the reply Kar.

Forgive me - but what is dist. short for. I want to make sure and find the correct wire before I cut it. Is there any way to test the wire before I make the cut to verify I have the correct one?.

Also, I assume the circut will close when I turn the key correct? Is there anything else controlled by this besides the wipers.

Thanks again for the help

climbmnts 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2008 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  

To anyone,

I also need to order some parts for this system.

I need 

• Clifford Stinger Double Guard Shock Sensor
  • Clifford Smart Self-Powered Siren

Can anyone recommend a reliable on-line vendor for these parts.

Thanks again !

climbmnts 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2008 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

anyone ?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 06, 2008 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
dist. distribution    lots of wires coming out.... etc.
climbmnts 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2008 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks !  I sort of thought that was what you meant but I don't want to assume anything.  This guy really did a hack job but I have managed to clean things up quite a bit.

The brain is right below the dash (above the brake pedal). and hard for me to move eleswhere, which makes it very easy for a crook to get at.  He used all T -taps for the install rather than soldering.

"Cut this wire and take 1/2 to pin 87a, and the other to 30. 12 volts to 86, and ground while running to 85. Nothing to 87. This will "open" the circuit, and the wipers will not run."

My other question is: What closes this circut when I turn the key on? DO I need a "ground while running"  that is not grounded with the truck running on remote start ...is that the idea? Any idea where to look for that?

Thanks for helping with a rookie here.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic