icon

dei 530t problem w/ window and up w/ arm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eric3337 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
I will give that a shot with the 12 ga. speaker cable.   The module is mounted at the driver's kick panel inside the truck.  I have the ground wire grounded the same place the alarm is should i move it.  the purple  and PURPLE / black wires where should i ground them close to the motor they are for or same place i ground the black wire.  Thanks for the info guys.
e customs
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2008 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

The Black and Purple ground wires.... all as short as possible, all in the same place is fine.  Just be sure it's a good tight ground.

Use bigger wires and get more power to the motors and you'll be fine. 

On the 530T, you have to "overdo" it with the wire size.  Trust me, I've put ALOT of them in.  I would use 2 pair of 12Gauge speaker wires for the runs into the Pass. door motor.   And like 8Gauge for the power to the 530.

And start with the dipswitches set to Factory/Default/Normal, and go up one, maybe.

eric3337 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2008 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
I will try to do all of this on saturday if it doesn't rain here in PA.  Thanks for your help Mark
chrias 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2008 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
Have you had any luck with upgrading the wiring? My Suburban has the same issues. For some reason the rear windows will roll up and down fine but I have issues with the front windows. They seem to have a mind of their own. Once in a blue moon it will roll all the way up on one touch. Very rarely will it stop on the way down but it has happened a few times.
gtec 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2008 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

iirc, there is an issue with the 530t and this vehicle...i'll look back in my notes but it involved changing out the internal resistors in the 530t for the silverado/tahoe/suburban.

chrias 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2008 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
I've done the 530t modification and it only helped a slight bit but not enough. It still tends to stop every so often. I have no issues whatsoever with the rear windows.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic