icon

cd 3100 problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mcben789 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2008 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
My Eclipse CD 3100 sometimes freezes when i try to eject a cd. I just won't eject the cd and it stays open, and when i hit the eject button again it doesn't do anything. I then hit the reset button and it makes a terrible sounding pop and closes. I try to open it again and it does the same thing. Quite annoying.
Anyone know why?
Sasquatch...
We know your legend's real...
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2008 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Time to send it in for service, theres nothing you can do.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
mcben789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2008 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
This only happens on occasion though. It still plays the radio while open (like it is supposed to do), but it just won't eject. After I hit the reset button it closes, like i said and won't eject again.
After a few tries it finally ejects the cd, but I was just wondering if i was doing something wrong.
Sorry I didn't say in detail about every thing that happened in my first post.
Also this only happens when a song on the cd won't work. If I go to a song that will work, the unit usually ejects perfectly.
Sasquatch...
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2008 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, sounds like a chip related problem, that happens. It sounds like it's having trouble determining which command to accept and follow. could be as simple as a single resistor being out of tolerance. If you can deal with it then great, but if you want it fixed then you for sure have to send it back to Eclipse, or an authorized Eclipse repair center.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
mcben789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2008 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Well I just ordered the auxiliary cable, so I won't be using cds that often. I think I can cope.
Thanks for the advice man.
Sasquatch...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic