icon

viper 5900 remote starting but no power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uptownken 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2008 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me with this problem Im having..
I have a 2005 Chevy Impala, with OnStar, and recently had the Viper 5900 installed about two months ago with factory alarm is still installed.. At the time I had the factory still installed and when I do the remote start, sometimes the factory radio would come up "LOCKED" and/or the dash wouldn't light up and the dashboard gauges wouldn't work. Now I have the Kenwood KVT-819 installed and it does the samething. Either the gauges won't work/light up, the radio won't power up, and sometimes both. I also notice when the dash isn't working, the Air Condition isn't working. Its like the car is running but the POWER isn't on.
I would have to turn off the car using the remote or key and start it back up for everything to work correctly. It only does this randomly (one of twice daily) but its becoming a pain just to remote start my car, turn it off and turn it back on.
I took it back to the shop where I got it installed and they double checked the wires and everything seemed to be installed correctly. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2008 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like oneof the accessory wires is not getting power.
If it is doing it randomly then it could be a bad connection.
The other possibility is that one of the relays in the relay pack is bad.
onthemoney 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2008 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
When installing a remote start, the brown wire in the car requires the voltage to drop during crank. For the radio I would get 12v and acc from the ignition harness fused accordingly. Disconnect any wires coming from the headunit, going to the fuse box to avoid backfeeding.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2008 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

I would put it in the most logical way...if it doesn't work when the remote start is on but works when you turn on the car it does then that means something is wrong at the ignition harness as brhaugen,

Make sure all wires are soldered right in order for it to work and check voltage during remote start.

spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2008 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
wrong post, sorry
rtfm
uptownken 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2008 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the input. I'm going to take it to another audio shop this weekend and see what they can come up with..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic