icon

shock and 508d pauses

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2008 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Your idea is not going to work. Removing power from sensors, then reapplying power will not make it work immediately. You are trying to make the sensors and alarm work in a way it was not designed to work.
I hope you do realize that once the same zone is triggered 3 times in a short period of time that zone is going to be ignored by the alarm for an hour.
08silvermustang 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2008 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

Can't that be changed by turning off the nuisance protrction circuitry?

I have got this alarm wired up and working that makes my installer friends wonder how I integraded new functions.

Something has to be able to make this work.

My way is try try again.

I still want to know what the factory setting screw or whatever is down there is for. Maybe it controles the timing. If the unit gives you 4 seconds I believe to walk away from the car maybe this can be adjusted to 2 seconds?

08 Siver Mustang Modified
08silvermustang 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2008 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

The reason I think this is possible is that I had an alarm years ago that there was no delay when the sensors detected and would warn away every few seconds untill the intrusion zone was not being violated anymore.

Maybe it worked by warning untill the field had settled back to normal instead of the current setup that warns when the field is violated.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2008 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Then you keep trying to get it to work and let us know when you have given up because it is not going to work. You are trying to change how the alarm and sensors are meant to function....not going to happen.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 30, 2008 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  

I disagree Jworm, anything is possible.  It may involve creating a custom module to handle the warn away independently of the alarm, and possibly using multiple prox sensors, but this is VERY possible, if you have the time and money to make it work.

Personally, I don't see the point of it and I agree that it goes against how the alarm was engineered, but to each his own.

08SilverMustang - you should use your voltmeter to monitor the warn away output of the prox sensor.  This will tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, where the actual delay is.  Once you know where the delay is you can work on eliminating it.  Until you know where the delay is though (on the prox output or the alarm input) you won't be able to do anything.

Kevin Pierson
08silvermustang 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2008 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know what the factory setting adjustment is for, under the plug on the other end of the box.

No one has been able to answer this question yet and it would be interesting to know what it does.

08silvermustang 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2008 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

Well after a little messing around with the factory setting (that is hard as hell to adjust) I got the box to trigger every 1 second instead of every 4.

After adjusting the modules outer zone if I put the module directly on my center arm rest I can stand about 1 foot to 2 feet from my vehicle or closer and weather I move or even stand still that warning will go off about every 3 to 6 seconds as long as I am in the zone.

No one wants that ugly clear box stuck to the top of their arm rest, so when I put it inside it reduced my current setting to where I have to be about a half a foot away and if I stay in that zone the warning will go off about every 3 to 6 seconds as long as I am in the zone.

Putting it under the arm rest and having my tented windows seem to make it more difficult to sense in the front and rear of the vehicle. I have another free multiplexed input free, so maybe I will hide on up front and one out back to cover everything about half a foot away with the right settings. These things are only 39.99 from my local shop.

Don’t underestimate the power of technology and electronics.

I will mess with it some more to get it just right when I have more time.

Bottom line you can make almost any electronic do what you want.

Hell I only have one relay hooked up and I am tapped into all the other factory relays for all the other functions.

Any feed back or input to make this work better would be helpful and I hope this helps others.

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic