the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

for best buy employees

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 04, 2008 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

WHAT are they looking for on the psych. profile test? Do they want me to lie? do they want me to tell them what I think, or what I think THEY want to hear.

This is the most frustrating thing..... a group of therapists sitting around a table (I know they don't work for best buy) them telling best buy I wouldn't make a good employee. WHAT.

You can't even get to an interview without first passing this profile exam. Anyone got any clues as how to not be a dead beat worthless POS on this test?

I live my life thru honesty, and integrity.... thats how I answered the questions.

skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2008 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

really they are looking for consistency with your answers.....  if u see it for what it really is.... what they do is ask the same questions several times just a different way each time... then when u think u have once again spotted the same question for the thousandth time... the change one lil word that makes the answer completely different... so now they are looking for recognition and comprehision.. not just somebody that's gonna rush thru the test so they can start beating em up in the 1st interview about starting pay....lol

i have worked for both circuit city and best buy... i have gotten pasted these tests pretty easily most times.. so remember... answer the questions honestly but most importantly consistently....

example......

the question will be worded something like this....."Have u ever "borrowed" a pen from your previous job???? of course u should answer no... later on in the test this questions will pop up worded this way...."Have u ever taken anything from work????" no once again u should answer no..... u get it?????

hope this helps.....

there can be only one.......
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
If you keep in mind what they want to hear, you should pass it pretty easily.
Basically, answer all questions as if you were a complete angel. As skee-weezy said, be consistend in your answers.
You've never stolen anything.
You've never used (or even tried) drugs.
You've never bought or received stolen goods.
If someone ever offered to sell you stolen goods, you would refuse, and report the seller to police or management right away.
If you ever saw an employee or customer steal product, give product away, give special deals to friends, do side jobs out of the install bay, use drugs or alcohol in the workplace.........you'd report any of this to management immediately.
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Kartune wrote:
"I live my life thru honesty, and integrity.... thats how I answered the questions."
I think this approach is your best bet. rather than playing some silly game that you end up regretting.
just my humble opinion.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Winston cried out with all his strength, "I love Big Brother!"
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

Nearly 30 years of retail. darn near 20 years in THIS industry. And the roadblock I have is  I think for myself!  Wild huh?

Yup..... Big Brother........

Honesty and integrity got my app pitched in the round file.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
yep...I had to do one of those stupid things when I went to work for General Motors...I think they just use it to weed out people who are too dumb to lie on such an exam.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
hey kartuneman... u been in the game for a long time... are u sure u wanna go to work in big box????seemto be very knowledgeable... i think you skills would be more appreciated at a reputable high-end shop.  are u still in botswana????? if not.... where are u???
there can be only one.......
KarTuneMan 
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

Ya Botswana is were I call home.... I just want some part time work.... the economy has gone to hell. Talking with some of the guys at this particular B.B. their idea of a BIG job is a deck, 4 a pair of amps and a sub. WoW.  I think I can do that.... even though I'm not MECP cert.

And HEY, lets say I was.... I still wouldn't get an interview. unreal.

ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2008 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
To go along with what skee said you also need to not be unsure of yourself so if you are leaning one way or the other go to the extreme the only time you should answer in the middle is if you are really unsure. good luck
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic