icon

just checking in

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jfinks 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2008 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

So it has been a while so I thought I would drop in and set up some picture of the longest running build ever...yup starting year 28 LOL

Here is a like to what has been covered in a past thread.

And here is a Diagram of where I'm going

just checking in -- posted image.

Head unit: Alpine IVA-D310

Processor: Alpine PXA-H701 &  RUX-C701

Changers: 2 x Alpine and 2 x Alpine

Video switcher: Alpine VPE-S431

Amps: Alpine PDX-1.1000 and 3 x PDX-4.150

Tweeters: 5 x Dynaudio MD100

Mid Ranges: 3 x Dynaudio MD140/2

Mid Bass: 2 x Dynaudio MW160

Sub Woofer: 2 x JL Audio 12W6v2

Rear fill: Dynaudio 240MKii

Work on the dash

Well it's a start...

Here are some pictures of the Porsche ABS system, control arms, and calipers and the mock up pan to work some of this out

The mock up pan

Porsche 951 ABS CPU & Control pump

Complete Porsche 951 turbo rear suspension with abs

Extra Control arms...The Porsche version are aluminum instead of steel so they are less than half the weight. The two Porsche arm with rotor and calipers weight less than one VW unit with shoe brakes.....

So I will be working on the dash this next few weeks while I save up for some tools I need for the ABS system So more pictures soon...I Hope

So Dave the air is kinda thin up here. You wouldn't have some extra O2 would ya...

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2008 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
Ummm... I might. And yes, it is! just checking in -- posted image.
Bob SAID you were bordering on insane! I never REALLY believed!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jfinks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2008 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

<<<<< Hey I'm not a Rooky any more.....

thadrizzle 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2008 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  

Dude!  From now on any online profile I fill out that asks me who my hero is are gonna get this link (or just jfinks).  I don't even know why I was send a reminder on this forum but, however or for whatever reason I sure am glad.  Congrat's on the work so far man.  I anyone ever asks again which Porshe they think is the best?  lol I will hands down have the answer IDK if they are adiophiles or not.  Thanks you have givin" me hope again. I WANNA LIVE!!!!!just checking in -- posted image.   

Take care and good luck and keep up the incredible work.

I love this stuff. Took me 34 years to find my calling but, I think this is it. I love pulling wires he! he!
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2008 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
Say, Jack...
Why don't you get ahold of the Dombrowski guy and see what he's doing this weekend... Maybe the three of us could get together for some charred flesh and rotten grape juice!?!
Maybe DYohn and dwarren might be willing to pull themselves away from the big city and join us!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jfinks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2008 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
I'll see what we can do...Meet in SLO?
haemphyst 
Posted: April 14, 2008 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
SLO works for me... Keep me posted. Already "have permission to leave".
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
This is dedication.
jfinks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

aznboi3644 wrote:
This is dedication.

or severe stupidity....LOL

jfinks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2008 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
thadrizzle wrote:

Dude!  From now on any online profile I fill out that asks me who my hero is are gonna get this link (or just jfinks). 

Wow I'm blushing just checking in -- posted image.

thadrizzle wrote:
Congrat's on the work so far man.  If anyone ever asks again which Porsche they think is the best?  lol I will hands down have the answer IDK if they are adiophiles or not.  Thanks you have givin" me hope again. I WANNA LIVE!!!!!just checking in -- posted image.  

Take care and good luck and keep up the incredible work.

I was hoping that someone would like to see what is going into this build. It's actually still a year and a half away from completion if things go well...and money is there. BUT with the price of gas...

Like I said the next set of picture will involve the dash again which for this group will be more interesting I think.

Any other thoughts?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic