icon

99 explorer pats bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2008 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
If it crancks and won't start but all fuses are ok , did u check the fuel cut of switch it should be in the left quarter panel
well?
ers1121 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2008 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

Everything in the system must match. Replacing one module from another vehicle will not work.

Ed
Komobu 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
OK...vehicle up and running. I still need to bypass the PATS for the remote start.
I was told that I could take about 5 feet of 16 gauge wire and connect one end to a relay pin #30. Then wrap the wire about ten times around the head of the spare key. Then continue on with the remainder of the wire up the steering column and wrap the wire about ten times around the ignition lock cylinder. Then send the remainder of the wire back to the relay and attach it to pin 87.
Will this work?
Thanks
Pat
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
It will but I prefer to use a thinner gauge of wire. 18 awg to 20 awg. Wrap 7 times and hook up to relay as you described and to the ignition cylinder 7 times as well. Pin 85 will be hooked to a negative status or negative ignition output off remote start and pin 86 goes to 12v+ constant. I have done this plenty of times on different vehicles but I prefer to use a bypass like I had mentioned in a previous post.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
komobu, so what was the problem? and what was the fix?
well?
Komobu 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
I fried the theft module. They took my second module and programmed it to work with my car. So now I am back in business:-)
As for the wire wrapping, Why must it be hooked up to a relay? If my pins are right, it doesnt look like I am passing any current through the line. Since I am not passing any current through the line, cant I just attach the two ends to each other and tape them up?
My wiring is as follows:
Pin 85 Ground to chassis
Pin 86 Positive from remote start during cranking
Pin 87 One end of 18 gauge wire wrapping key and Ignition cylinder
Pin 30 Other end of 18 gauge wire wrapping key and Ignition cylinder
Thanks for taking the time to explain it
Pat
luckytii7 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  

the reason for the relay is that when its remote started the circut will be complete in a loop around the ignition and the key. now if you hook it up in a straight loop without a relay and start it with the key the module will see 2 keys and set the theft system and the light will flash. before you hook up the relay put the key in the ignition without turning it and remote start it to make sure everything is working fine 

all of the remote starts ive installed had a GWR (ground while running) or a - status output so heres how i connect them

Pin 85 Ground while running

Pin 86 Positive from ignition or constant fused power
Pin 87 One end of 18 gauge wire wrapping key and Ignition cylinder
Pin 30 Other end of 18 gauge wire wrapping key and Ignition cylinder

I wrap the key and cylinder 5 times with 28 g wire. the chip is near the shaft of the key so wrap it as close to that as you can. I do this on 20-40 fords a month in the winter and never had a problem

The greatest revenge is living well and showing it
Komobu 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the explanation. How do you get the "Ground While Running"? Do you use a relay for it?
Pat
luckytii7 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
There should be a output on the remote start brain, the most common wire is a small gauge black wire. What kind of starter are you installing?
The greatest revenge is living well and showing it
Komobu 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2008 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
Its a Prestige 620. I will check the instructions and see if it has it. I am glad you pointed this out because I thought this only needed to be activated during cranking.
Thanks Again
Pat
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic