icon

i need an amp to push two 15 l7s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dsmcustomz 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
shop around all day long online you will find the 06 model 15in l7s for around 200 apeice
If you cant here it a block away then I didnt do it....
dsmcustomz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
tubbs04 wrote:

are your L7's 2ohm or 4ohm dvc? The kicker amp is awesome but they seem to cost a little bit more than the MD3D that audiomaniac advised. your looking at about $700 either way you go.

i have found this amp for $600 online
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Im not very fond of the Kicker 15's   but if you have already ordered them then there is no turning back.    If you looking for pure loud noise you will get that.   But I have had a large problem getting acceptable response from anything but the 10's or 12's
The zx2500 is a beast and would require much more then the factory charging system a escape could dream of producing.
Before looking into amps of this caliber what sort of upgrades have you, or do you plan to do to the electrical system in this vehicle?
Another note.    The Kicker subs will do thier best in a custom enclosure.   I have done a few vehicles running around the southside of DSM so far.   Newer jeep with 2 12's and a full size tahoe with 2 10's   both setups were powered by a single ZX1500.s and both metered in the low 140's on the term lab, while being musically capable.
Let me know if you need any in depth details.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
mylar 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2008 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

I personally would go with a ZX2500.1.. since your looking for something to last... I dont know if you have dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm voice coils... if you have dual 2 ohm, this would be the premium way to wire it... since the amp puts out a 2 ohm load at 2500 watts... I've had nothing but good luck with kicker amplifires.. I have 2 12" solo L7s hooked up to 2 older Kx 1200.1's... The ZX would work perfectly... its right between the RMS and Peak range... the Warhorse is a lil over kill and you'd probably wear out the L7s since the power range it quite a bit over the peak wattage and the Total Harmonic Distortion is less then 1.5 percent... I wouldnt recommend going that far over the peak unless you have an amp that distorts like less then .5&... that way, there's no fluctuation that can hurt the subs.... just a thought...

i need an amp to push two 15 l7s - Page 2 -- posted image.

mylar 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2008 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
Also, no matter what you choose for a power source... to propperly power the L7's, your going to need to upgrade your charging system... like the Big three and depending on the vehicle, maybe a custom alternator... I used to have 2 optima yellow tops powering my 2 Kx1200s... you might even need 2 batteries for your vehicle depending on your power needs...
dsmcustomz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2008 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
I am planning on a 220 amp alternator.... The big 3 done in all 0 guage.... a kinetik hc1800 or a STINGER SP1500D....
and possibly a smaller stinger batt in the jack compartment... thought that would be a sweet install location for it.
that should do sufficiently... Iwill be running this all on an avic-d1... kicker line driver... full 0 guage install. and street wire rca's.
i dont have the 15s on order yet... waiting on my tax stimulus.... open to suggestions... I listen to alot of rap and very deep lows... I want something that will tell people im coming about a mile away...
I remember my freinds 15"L7s he had did just that. plus I absolutely love to hear those deep lows that make it hard to breath but can hardly hear them....
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic