Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Bump Still trying to figure it out. Im ordering my XK05 tomorrow
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure he even hooked it up to the tach, or did he just do it as voltage sense?  It's not as reliable to do voltage sense, but some installers do tend to do that as it's a little easier to do it that way.  He did take a shortcut with the door trigger, (which isn't a problem, as stated in another post), maybe he took a shortcut with this as well.(which again isn't a problem, just not as reliable.)  haven't seen that brought up yet, but is another thing to look at!

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
noxiousoxide 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah he did hook up the tach wire. I saw him do it and he showed me where he did it. He did it at the tach connector in the engine bay. Maybe i just need to relearn the tach? How do you do that?

joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

This is from a Viper alarm, but they're both made by DEI, so i don't see it being any different...worth a shot anyways! 

1.  Start the Vehicle with the key

2.  Within 5 seconds, press and HOLD the Valet switch.

3.  The LED will light constant when the tach signal is learned.

4.  Release the Valet button.

It should be in your manual, but i think it's gonna be the same!

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
noxiousoxide 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

Still a no go..relearned the tach but still no starter engadgment. Another one of my installers is coming tuesday to put in my window and sunroof modules so i guess i can have him look at it. He cant actually do anything with it though because its against there stores policy to touch remote start on MT vehicles even though this alarm is made for MT. There isnt a single place that im aware of in portland that will touch remote start on MT. The guy that did mine was a master installer working out of his own shop, but hes not local to me so its a little harder for him to work on it unless i drive 300+ miles

What else can i try? Im thinking one of the starter wires is not hooked up or something i dunno, i cant belive he would miss something like that though. Does anybody have a remote start wire diagram for an 03 acura CL type S?

808hi 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2008 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  

Master installer?  Hmm weird that he can't get to to work properly? If he hooked up the system "properly" the system should start up right away. If you try to rs it and the ignition turns on and don't crank he probaly got the wire going to the wrong direction going for the rs going to the starter wire.  I never worked on a new le system on a mt car so I would not know where to start but I know that car is very simple to do put a security system/rs in.

noxiousoxide 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2008 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
He never really troubleshooted it since i didnt have the imm bypass at the time. He said if i was still in town when i got the bypass and wanted him to troubleshoot he would. I have the bypass now but its not installed it will be on tuesday though. It works fine for short stop/valet mode (stays on with the key out of the ignition) the starter just wont crank if i shut it off. If someone has a wire diagram for that car and RS that would be great if you could post it.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic