Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twobig86 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
sedate wrote:

Alpine Guy wrote:
If you really want to prove your friends wrong install everything but the alternator and crank it, watch your lights turn off, and voltage drop

Um.  This reads sort of like a joke - so I'm not sure how literally you mean this - but I feel compelled to point out that if he does exactly what you are saying he will - uhh - ruin his Red Tops.

So don't do that twobig. 

If I did do this I would do it before I installed the red tops.  My old battery got drained a couple times already...so its next to worthless and I dont need it after I finish the install. 

So if I wanted to show them that I would install the system but run it on the old battery and the old alternator...now if I did that would that/could that damage anything...the whole underpowering the amps...

Also Ive showed them the math and they still dont believe it...

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

twobig wrote:

Then thier critical thinking faculties are seriously compromised.

What can you possibly care what such people think?

chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
i really think that if you power up your system with the old battery and alt that once you turn up the volume it will just kill your car if you are at idle...  a pdx 1000 would do that to my friends prelude all the time until he got his  ho alt
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
twobig86 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
sedate wrote:

twobig wrote:

Then thier critical thinking faculties are seriously compromised.

I love it!  I think im going to show them these posts! 

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2008 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
sedate wrote:

Alpine Guy wrote:
If you really want to prove your friends wrong install everything but the alternator and crank it, watch your lights turn off, and voltage drop

Um. This reads sort of like a joke - so I'm not sure how literally you mean this - but I feel compelled to point out that if he does exactly what you are saying he will - uhh - ruin his Red Tops.

So don't do that twobig.

That is the truth, you will ruin the battery's, I forgot to mention to do it with the old battery. Bust seriously, don't do it, you could possibly fry something with too low of a voltage.
Not really sure why I posted that, could be the 4 projects, 5 exams, and 3 lab tests to be done between now and next Thursday... gah! My mind has escaped me.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic