200 mil amp out to 12 volt out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 19, 2008 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  
bbullers wrote:

Now from a pro active standpoint. If this doesn't work, is there any way to use another trigger wire from the brain to trigger my alarm Siren?

The make it stronger thing I said was a quote from the TV Series, The Six Million Dollar Man.
You sounded like you were doubting that we would be able to get it fixed. You were the soldier in a situation that you KNEW could have no good outcome, I was being the Drill Sargent that was talking you into believing that we were going to be able to pull it off.
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2008 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
Picked up a relay today, hooked it up as per your instructions. Didn't work.... I think it's my fault, the relay I got ended up being a 60amp... I'm sure that's the problem, what do you think? Also, they didn't have that transistor in stock today, they promised to have one by noon tomorrow... I'll keep you posted
The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 19, 2008 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
As long as the relay has a 12 volt coil, it should work.   Did you check the old transistor?  Or did you just put it back in the board to try it?
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

I got the transistor you recomended, installed it (properly) and it's still showing 12v + constant. Without the transistor, the wire is dead. I'm pretty much tired of screwing with it, so I'm going to go another route. Here's my idea....

I'm going to wire the negitive 500ma horn honk wire to the siren. Once I get that damn relay working... I'm on my way out to the car now, so I'll post again, with an update

i am an idiot 
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

If you do use the horn honk wire, the following diagram should give you a constant output to power a siren.

200 mil amp out to 12 volt out - Page 2 -- posted image.

It was designed to give you a constant out for sidemarker lights using a pulsed out from blinkers.   You can substitute blinker wires for horn output wire and the output to turning lamps will now go to your siren.

dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Might need to rearrange it if he's going to use a (-) output for the relay. If it's coming from a (+) turn signal as shown, don't forget to diode isolate the output from the alarm or the siren will go off when you signal a turn- 200 mil amp out to 12 volt out - Page 2 -- posted image.
The 10K resistor could be also be omitted for simplicity, since it won't really have much effect compared to the relay coil.
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry guys I never got to work on the car today, one of my friends was hit by a loving drunk driver! He's in pretty bad shape, but he's gonna make it. Oddly enough, he was walking to the bar, because he doesn't drive after he's been drinking. It's pretty messed up... Maybe I can get to it tomorrow before I head off to work.
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
He will be using the above diagram to achieve a constant out to power a siren, from a horn honk wire.
astrosurfer 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
hi fellas
i believe it's my first post...i'm more of a reader and gone with the info i find.
however when i tried to find the 10K µfd capacitor i was completely unsuccessful.
if somebody could point me in the right direction i'd be so grateful.
i'm trying to wire up my marker lights to blink with my flashers.
i understand what i need to do but cannot locate these capacitors.
thanks
ASTRO
i am an idiot 
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
You want your side marker lights to blink with your Flashers? And you want the side marker lights to stay on constant when turning. Or do you just need a source for the capacitors?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic