icon

compustar 2w900fm as or pro 2w900fm as

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rikyric 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2008 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  

What is the difference between the two alarms? Trying to decide which one to get. I searched and could not find the comparisons between the two. Is the PRO that much better?

icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.compustar.com/main.htm

Look through the Product Fit guide and there is a section that talks about the differences.

·Ï¢årµ§·
compustar 2w900fm as or pro 2w900fm as -- posted image.
rikyric 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

Cool thanks for te link. I see that there are a few differences, the pro can run a backup battery, vehicle temp, alarm clock, timed start...

Does anyone know if I can add a temp sensor to the non pro model?

rikyric 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Also was wondering if I could add a backup battery to the non-pro model?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

Keep in mind....some of the "cool features" that the pro has over the non-pro, can only be programed with the OP500. If your an authorized dealer,

or are purchasing from one you should have no worries. If your not..... save your hard earned money and get the 2W900FM.

A back up battery siren can be used with all alarms. 

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
You can only add a backup battery to the Pro model. It will not work with the non-Pro model.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
You can only add a backup battery to the Pro model. It will not work with the non-Pro model.

How come?

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Because the Pro unit has a separate power plug input to provide ground and power to the brain if the main battery is disconnected. That input does not power the relays for the remote start.
The non-Pro unit does not have that separate input. You would have to put the backup battery (like a DEI 520T) in series with the (2) 30 amp power inputs of the brain. The backup battery only has the capacity to power the brain and siren, and maybe the parking lights. DEI even recommends using an external relay with a separate power input for the parking lights if using the (+) parking light circuit of the car.
rikyric 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
Because the Pro unit has a separate power plug input to provide ground and power to the brain if the main battery is disconnected. That input does not power the relays for the remote start.
The non-Pro unit does not have that separate input. You would have to put the backup battery (like a DEI 520T) in series with the (2) 30 amp power inputs of the brain. The backup battery only has the capacity to power the brain and siren, and maybe the parking lights. DEI even recommends using an external relay with a separate power input for the parking lights if using the (+) parking light circuit of the car.

Thanks, that was the info I was looking for. I thought I had rread that somewhere but could not remember.  So is that and the temp sensor pretty much the only diff?

rikyric 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2008 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

also does the 2w900fm-as have an output on the alarm that activates when the alarm is triggered? I have Clifford siren / battery is 60-482 . But it needs a negative tigger output, the compustar has a positive siren out. I know I can reverse the polarity with a relay, but was just wondering if there was another output dedicated for this type of thing.

Also if I were to use the positive siren out to the clifford siren/battery, would I have to diode isolate  for the stock siren?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic