icon

I want to learn about car audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kaotik009 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, Im new to selecting what car audio to get. I see things about 1 ohms, 2ohms etc. 1 Channel, 2 channel, etc. Mono amp, multichannel amp, etc. Also like ported boxes, closed boxes, etc. Basically Im needing help to find a site that can tell me all about this. I want to learn what's good for hard hitting deep bass. Such as, I have two 10's in closed boxes. one is 1100 watt sony explode, don't know the continuous rms and don't know how to find out. the other is 600 watt pioneer, don't know the continuous rms and don't know how to find out. I have a 780w Pioneer amp (lmao) i know.... Well with this amp hooked up, the bass in it seems real deep. but i bought a memphis audio 1100w and hook it up... u get more bass... louder, but not as deep... how does that work? So really I need info what the meaning of the ohms, channels, mono and such are... any help is appreciated
daboss593 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
id start by reading the basic info they have in this forum. car audio can be very diff to grasp at 1st. if you dont know the basics it can be even more diff. page through some of the old posts, or do a search. dont assume anything in car audio. nothing is more troubling than that burnt toast smell, because you didnt hook up some thing right.id rec picking up the CAR STEREO COOK BOOK. this starts from the basic, through some advanced by far this is not the bible of car audio. but it will give you alot of info you need to get going etc.
OWWWWWWWWWWW you said you discharged the cap!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

After reading every page on this site, go here and do the same.

http://bcae1.com  There are only a few pages on this site, you have to read them all.

wishuponansg 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2008 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
i would start by reading the ohms laws pages, and reading ALL the stickies on here.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic