icon

need amp small and powerful

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

hello everybody i'm  doing and install and i need an amp that can handle at least 600 watts rms  is for a corvette z06 2004 the customer does't want something big or to expensive  i need  a class d amp all the ones i have in the shop are big  can anyone of you give some ideas  what kind should i get and i'm using the factory amp so he wants a bass knob with it to control the bass , the12 inch  woofer is 600 rms

thanks i await your respond

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
Since amps don't HANDLE power, they MAKE power...
The Alpine PDX1.600 fits that bill (nearly) perfectly. I own the PDX1.1000, and it is a POWERHOUSE! Look there, IMO. Only thing is... no remote bass knob.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

jl auio has there new amps out that are the same size as the alpine pdx amp and have a bass knob with them also...  not sure of the price but would work for the size factor

you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
this amps are perfect but the costumer wants to spend between 250 and 350  and this are  a little pricey any other sugestions
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
For between 250-350 all your going to get is a surfboard size amp.
If he can't afford the amp, he can't afford the car.
Corvette owners are a fickle bunch, there poor mustards that mortgage their house to get the car, therefor they are cheap mustards when it comes to getting work done on them. Now you show me a Porsche owner, and they show you the visa and give you a phone number to call when it's done, I cringe whenever I see a corvette pull up, 99% of the time it's a price fight.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine Guy, I was at SEMA talking to a few buddies who said almost the exact same thing! Vette owners are a different breed of cat!
Wondering why Alpine didn't do a bass knob on the PDX? An acc. that is easily installed and easily marked up!
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
I guess they didn't put an adjustable bass knob because pretty much every Alpine headunit, and any other respectable unit has subwoofer control. If you getting the PDX amps, you generally have the cash to get a real headunit too.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

Alpine Guy wrote:
I cringe whenever I see a corvette pull up, 99% of the time it's a price fight

It always blows my mind when shop people complain about customers trying to save money (on gear that has a 150% markup) - when by the very nature of the statement it confirms the value of it (money) to the salesman/installer.  So really - you are confirming how cheap/greedy you are - while, in the same breath, critizing the customer for being the same way.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
It would still be nice to have as an option. I have two CDA-7998'in two different vehicles. One has a bass remote and the other doesn't. It's less strain to grab a knob (and less explaining) than the stress and strain of pushing the menu button. Plus it keeps my wife out the other settings!
Has JL released the HD series of amps yet?
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2008 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
sedate wrote:

Alpine Guy wrote:
I cringe whenever I see a corvette pull up, 99% of the time it's a price fight

It always blows my mind when shop people complain about customers trying to save money (on gear that has a 150% markup) - when by the very nature of the statement it confirms the value of it (money) to the salesman/installer.  So really - you are confirming how cheap/greedy you are - while, in the same breath, critizing the customer for being the same way.

When you are in the business of selling products and services to make PROFITS, why is that cheap/greedy? When a person can spend $50 or 60 thounsand (or more) on a car, and they complain about $500 thats being cheap.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic