icon

amp for 2 12' cvr's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djrankin004 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
i planned on buying the subs in the kicker box. i can get this package coming out of the box at a 2 or 4 ohm load. i planned on getting the 2 ohm package originally for the mono amp. should i change this decision now that i am thinking about getting the two 550.3 amps. i would most likely end up buying the subs in box then taking them out of the box so i could wire them seperate to each amp and then sell the box because i basically get the box for $30 in this package which is cheap for that nice of a box.
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
if you are going to buy those in a prefab box from kicker why would you take them out?  do the 750 or 1000, you be much happier.  and do a nice kicker 4 channel like the 350.4 which is only a inch shorter than the 750 and 3 shorter than the 1000.   just a thought but  you would be happier with the mono with a seprate amp for mids/highs
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
chillin420 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
or the 850.4 for mids and highs and the 850.2 for subs? same size
you can do it....
patience is a virtue
djrankin004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
yea i'm prolly going to do the 750.1 and the 350.4 it will actually just save me some money about thirty bucks in the long run and some trouble with wiring the two 550.2 was just an idea an installer gave me but he was thinking as far as customizing my system those amps and sub combination would be something different from what everyone else around me has
djrankin004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2008 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
do you think that the alternator in my 97' honda can handle both of these amps? The alternator is stock and all.  I had the 850.2 kicker amp running a single cvx and the headlights would flicker a little bit but nothing too bad, do you think that adding an amp would make that big of a difference? I really don't want to add a battery, replace the alternator, or add a cap.
chillin420 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2008 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
upgrade your big 3 , but with the 750 and 350.4 you might need to at least add a new bat.  alternator might be in the near future for you too. 
you can do it....
patience is a virtue
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic